• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrible, horrible night

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Just as I was settling for bed last night, Frank very suddenly went from eating hay to charging around his cage before collapsing and having a fit. He 'came back round' after a couple of seconds and started trying to eat hay again. He was very dazed, was almost scanning, thumping repeatedly and had a very slight head tilt.

I phoned up the emergency vets and as I did so, he must have found a pellet which he soon started choking on :cry:. I tried to get it out but I couldn't :cry:.

He went downhill alarmingly fast and on the way to the vets, he was just hunched over barely breathing.

The vet only had the chance to have a feel of his body and take his heart rate before he had another fit. He passed away a couple of seconds later at 1.30am :cry: :cry: :cry:

The vet we saw believes it was E.C.

Frank was treated for E.C months ago by a rabbit savvy vet in our local practice. He was put on panacur for a week and I also closely monitered his diet to help him put weight on. He was doing very well up till now.
I did some reading up on E.C at the time and I've done some this morning... it seems that stress can affect it?

Feeling very empty this morning.The scene from last night just keeps running round in my head :cry: I just keep repeating to myself that I didn't do enough, it all happened so quickly :cry:

Binky free my sweet, gorgeous boy. Love you always xxx

I am so sorry to read of this tragic loss. :cry:
Binky free, Frank, sweet dreams at the Bridge. xxxx
Sending you (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) you did all you could do, please don't beat yourself up. EC is a terrible disease and relentless despite the best of care.
Thinking of you at this sad time. xxxx

Oh I'm so very sorry. It sounds that it was so very quick, please don't put yourself through the torture of believing you could have done more, you took him into the vets and did everything you could. Thoughts are with you.xx

Binky free at the rainbow bridge sweet little bun Frank.xxx

Back