• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my flip pin' god....

Autumn

Warren Scout
My local rescue has a doe now sat in a glass tank in nearest pets at home. I'm horrified. I have emailed them. Please stop me going back Nd bringing her home. She is in a tiny glass tank looking like she wants to cry :-(

Depends on why she's sat in the glass tank. Is she in the adoption section? A rescue up here did this and it was good for them as they got some publicity and made more people think about rescuing rather than buying.

My P@H has their adoptees in a glass tank at the back of the store..really sad :cry:

Has the rescue actually put her there to be rehomed from P@H, or have they rehomed her to someone else, who has then gone and taken her to P@H? If it the first scenario, then I would be fuming @ the rescue in question. My nearest rescue has all the buns in lovely wendy house set ups and wouldn't dream of putting a bun in P@H for publicity.

My P@H have the adoption section upstairs and it isnt that big but it isnt tiny.
Have you emailed the rescue, what did they say ?

It's the first scenario :-(

The sign on the tank states that she from the sanctuary. She has also been removed from their website so I can only presume that she is now being rehomed by p@h :-(

I have emailed them and fb messages them but have had no response.

This has really upset me.

Could you take a picture of her in the 'cage' and then post the rescue link, as well as the picture here? Perhaps we could all email them :wave:

It's highly unlikely that the rescue will have passed the rehoming of her to Pets at home, and there are several reasons she might have been removed from the website - perhaps she is reserved? I agree that surely anything that gains rescues publicity is a good thing. And as I said, it is HUGELY unlikely that she is being rehomed by anyone other than the rescue, therefore its probable that home visits etc will be carried out in the same manner.

Just to update. I contacted the rescue to enquirer about the doe and they told me that pets at home usually deal with the rehomeing and asked if I had talked to them about it.

only just seen this thread..can you pm or Fb me to tell me which rescue this is and which branch of PAH as never heard of this happening??

now know which place is involved and not completely surprised as a rescue that means well but doesn't neuter rabbits, or even the dogs, they rehome and doesn't homecheck either, but a bit disappointed :(

Poor little bunny! It would really upset me too! :cry:
Our p&h also use glass tanks, but to be fair they are not tiny but definatly not big enough! I do think that the rabbit care side of p&h has improved slightly over the years.

I personally think that PAH should be commended for working with rescues to help them rehome small animals. I would much prefer it if PAH minimised the amount of new stock they sell and focused more on helping to rehome unwanted pets from rescues. I do agree though that the adoption display area is totally inadequate for long term housing of rabbits in particular and they should look to improve this up to the standard of their main rabbit display. One would hope that the rabbits are given better accommodation and exercise after the store closes, not sure if this is the case?

There were two gorgeous bunnies in my local PAH adoption centre, they can't have been there long before they were snapped up.

I personally think that PAH should be commended for working with rescues to help them rehome small animals. I would much prefer it if PAH minimised the amount of new stock they sell and focused more on helping to rehome unwanted pets from rescues. I do agree though that the adoption display area is totally inadequate for long term housing of rabbits in particular and they should look to improve this up to the standard of their main rabbit display. One would hope that the rabbits are given better accommodation and exercise after the store closes, not sure if this is the case?

There were two gorgeous bunnies in my local PAH adoption centre, they can't have been there long before they were snapped up.

nope PAh should keep out of adoption. You can walk in give them £10 and walk out with a rescue bun ( most of which are not rescues but old stock)..no homecheck and some stores not even any questions.
It is just a way of appeasing the criticisms while selling 2nd hand animals. There are some people who call themselves rescues that do the same to make money, they just don't have big fancy stores..
I wonder if people handing their pets into this rescue know they will then just be sold through a pet shop? :cry:

Back