• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Bennett has been sooooo naughty. I also had a telling off.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Don't know what has got into Mr B, he has been very naughty in the last two days.

Today I woke up to find a pile of books from the bookcase on the floor and Mr B jumping up on a pile of bags of hay I had individually bagged up and stucked up, from a bale of hay. I had to take him down for his own safety, but I noticed he had ripped open all the bottom bags.

5 books were badly damaged with a few others slightly damaged. He hasn't touched them for 18 months and they are quite high up, well for a bunny. ;) Turns out one of the books was James favourite book he bought in 1988. I thought it might have been the 1946 Evelyn Waugh first edition, :shock: also badly chewed.

He also tried to chew the bath panel today. :lol:

Oh my goodness :shock: I'm glad he's back to his usual self! Is he eating ok now? :wave: this made me smile, I'm not doing much of that at the moment, so thanks xxx

Oh my goodness :shock: I'm glad he's back to his usual self! Is he eating ok now? :wave: this made me smile, I'm not doing much of that at the moment, so thanks xxx

Unfortunately his eating is not great at all. I have to encourage him all day. He eats dill but reluctant to eat pellets and I don't see him eating hay.

It is such a stark contrast to my other two, who scoff their food, there isn't a scrap left. I am worried about his teeth and still giving him metacam. I am worried that he wants to constantly chew anything but food because his teeth are still a problem.

Unfortunately his eating is not great at all. I have to encourage him all day. He eats dill but reluctant to eat pellets and I don't see him eating hay.

It is such a stark contrast to my other two, who scoff their food, there isn't a scrap left. I am worried about his teeth and still giving him metacam. I am worried that he wants to constantly chew anything but food because his teeth are still a problem.

I think the chewing might be related to his teeth, but I don't what else you can do other than what you're doing for him. Did he ever have skull xrays to check his tooth roots?

I think the chewing might be related to his teeth, but I don't what else you can do other than what you're doing for him. Did he ever have skull xrays to check his tooth roots?

Not this year. James said he did last April when I was away but that was a year ago. I have to admit Mr Bennett has been unusually destructive in the week leading up to his problems and the last few days. He has never really shown interest in the books until this morning. He has had the odd nibble months ago but today he really munched away.

He likes the dandelion herb salad (dried), that I give the chinchillas but noticed he is selective feeding from the bag.

Will phone the vets tomorrow.

Oh Mr Bennett - you are being very naughty :roll:....eat food silly boy not books! Your poor mummy !!!!

Naughty Mr B. My indoor buns all nibble books if they manage to get hold of any and George and Gemma nommed the DVD covers of all my DVDs when they were in the lounge. They are now slowly working their way through the door frame!! Their teeth are fine - they are just naughty bunnies:wave:

Back