• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy is Poorly: UD She's Gone :-(

Janey

Warren Veteran
Has been a bit off her food but still eating last few days. Went to the vet yesterday and was given metaclop, she is is worse rather than any better today so she has been admitted :cry:

Vet said she is the third bunny he has had to admit, he says he thinks it's the time of year & the fact that moult can effect them. My estimated bill seems extortionate, I nearly had to be admitted myself when I saw it :shock::roll:

Flat seems really quiet despite still having the other two here, I hate this part of being a bunny owner so so much, she had been doing so well and had had the longest stretch away from the vets in a long time (about 4 months I think).

Last edited:
awww I know how you feel, my Pebbles has been admitted and I have 3 other buns but still miss him as he is my special bun :cry:

Big (((((((hug))))))))))

Thank you everyone, me too.

I hope Pebbles is better soon. I know what you mean, Poppy is my special bun, she's my first bun and was my only one for 3 years so she will always be my 'special' girl. I know you shouldn't have favourites but......:oops:

Thank you everyone, me too.

I hope Pebbles is better soon. I know what you mean, Poppy is my special bun, she's my first bun and was my only one for 3 years so she will always be my 'special' girl. I know you shouldn't have favourites but......:oops:

I totally understand that

Sending lots of vibes for Poppy (and Pebbles too fruitandnutcake) All 3 of my girls are abit off at the moment, something strange is going on :?

Thank you.

I hope your girls are back to their normal selves soon newbabybuns, it is indeed very strange, Poppy doesn't normally have eating issues unless it's her teeth which it doesn't seem to be-very odd!!

Have just spoken to vets & she's still not interested in food but taking syringe feeds. They have x-rayed and her lungs look not quite as they should and can be heard a bit more than they should be able to be (although she doesnt have breathing issues/cough/sneezes), vet also said she had 'pustules of puss in her eyes'???? I think thats what it was, slight info overload. Anyhow, they basically think she has an infection, perhaps pasturella related that has reared its head due to stress of some kind or sonething else. So they will flush her eyes and take swabs to find out which anti-biotic will be best to treat but at the same time as starting her on an anti-biotic whilst they wait for results.

Does anybody know if this all makes sense & sounds like the vets are following the right steps? I trust them but am so out of my depth, dont want to miss anything I could suggest.

So worried my policy wont cover, she's been in less than 24 hrs and my bill is already over £700.

That makes sense to me. Don't know about the medical bit but to start her straight away with an antibiotic instead of waiting I would say is a lot better than waiting! They could give her a general antibiotic and then change it to a more specific one for that infection.

I don't know about costs as I got my insurance after Doughnut's illness but at least I'm covered for dental should I need it!

Lots of vibes for Poppy. Hopefully the antibiotic will kick in quick and she will start to feel better.

Thank you everyone, they are keeping her in again tonight because she still isnt eating. Im just hoping for a better day tommorrow!!

Got a phone call to say my little girl has gone. So sad I wasn't there and didn't get to say goodbye, they think it was her little heart.

Sleep tight little girl, Mummy misses you so much already.x.x.x.x.

Back