• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please just going to pick belle up after being spayed :(

Tinkabella

Young Bun
Hi guys I was hopping someone can advice me on how to look after belle when she comes home in an hour :) have removed the ledge in her cage so she can't jump up will put blankets on the floor and her bowl for water have left her toilet in there with hey in. Main thing I'm worried about is that vet said wont need extra pain relief as the injection will do? Do you think I should ask them for some anyway and if so what do I get? Also they said the stitches will be dissolve able ones? Would love advise as belle is only 6 months old and really want to do the best for her

The Injection should last until tomorrow anyways. They might ask to see her the next day or you can ask for something at home.

Lots of nice herbs to tempt her to eat again is something else to consider. Vibes for a quick recovery. xx

The Injection should last until tomorrow anyways. They might ask to see her the next day or you can ask for something at home.

Lots of nice herbs to tempt her to eat again is something else to consider. Vibes for a quick recovery. xx

Hi what's Vibes? They said would see her in 2 days

If they are not seeing her again till Monday I would ask for extra pain relief (metacam or similar) incase she needs any over the weekend when the vets may not be open. Its a big internal op for the females and 24hrs of pain relief is not always enough.

If they are not seeing her again till Monday I would ask for extra pain relief (metacam or similar) incase she needs any over the weekend when the vets may not be open. Its a big internal op for the females and 24hrs of pain relief is not always enough.

Thanks will ask x

Can you also suspend her hay in a rack or something if it isn't already? I assume you know no straw seen as you've said she has blankets in her cage.

Vibes are just well wishes for bunnies, and good thoughts!

We also don't have any bedding on the floor of her cage she normally has full run of the house / carpeted when we are in :) would I need to put some bedding down for her while she's recovering also I think she would be best kept in the cage for the rest of today so she doesn't try and jump up on the couch for a cuddle :(

I should check on her now and again her but mostly leave her to her own space. When Little was spayed she just wanted to be left alone to heal.

I should check on her now and again her but mostly leave her to her own space. When Little was spayed she just wanted to be left alone to heal.

Awww poor belle she's in her bed (cat bed but she loves it all furry) :) asleep :) had a little water and some hay an nuggets :) little wee no poo yet fingers crossed :) she looks comfy :)

:wave: hi just wanted to let you know that belle had a check up yesterday and everything is fine said she was a little bruised but ok :) she's jumpin on the couch :) and wanting cuddles she's eating an drinking good :) thank you for all your advice :)

Back