• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits snore?

Alvins mummy

Mama Doe
I'm being serious. My three are sleeping in a row and one of them is making noises that I can only describe as snoring. I can't figure out who is making the noise.

Xena snores very loudly! I was initially worried because it's so loud that she wakes me up :shock: Vet had a good look at her and she is fine. She only seems to snore when she puts her chin on her dewlap, so I presume because she is squashed up, her airways are not completely open. Scared the hell out of me when I first heard it because I couldn't figure out where it was coming from lol.

Xena snores very loudly! I was initially worried because it's so loud that she wakes me up :shock: Vet had a good look at her and she is fine. She only seems to snore when she puts her chin on her dewlap, so I presume because she is squashed up, her airways are not completely open. Scared the hell out of me when I first heard it because I couldn't figure out where it was coming from lol.

:lol::lol: I feel reassured. I'm sure it was Layla so maybe that's what's happening with her. I tried to record it but it didn't pick up the noise so cant be as loud as Xena. I cant believe she woke you up!! How funny :lol::lol::love:

bisc snores alot. quite loud aswell because of the damage in his nose. his nostrils close together more than they should when he is sleeping so he makes all kinds of strange noises.

Doughnut doesn't snore. I guess it's not Alvin since you would have noticed before. Maybe upload another pic of him and I'll tell you if it's him with my psychic powers:D

Chloe does! I didn't notice till I had her and Bugsy in my bedroom overnight. It really scared me at first as I thought something was wrong with her. Then I realised she probably always snored and I've had her 4 years without a problem!

Back