• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit fur / fluff gets EVERYWHERE!!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Just brushed Herbie the fluff monster and OMG his fur is flying about all over the place. I even have a bit stuck in my eye which is really irritating it!

The wee soul is moulting like mad and he has no front teeth to help him groom it all out. I just got a whole carrier bag full of fur off him!

My three have been in a state of constant moult forEVER. Thinking it's our wonky daylight/seasons here.
Just trimmed Pip's nails/gave a bum clean/groomed as much as I could off her fur last night. But even though a good deal of her floofeh is almost falling off her, I can't get the whole coat even. It's so frustrating.
Some areas are going down to skin. Others show a slight velvet to new growth. And yet is seems like every few weeks even that is coming out.
Mimzy has not had a decent pelt since his head tilt. I just don't think he's eating well enough to grow his fur properly.
Our house temp fluctuates a lot too though because we're on boiler heat. There's just no 'Goldilocks Zone' with our thermostat.
I don't know whose fur is worst though...I think Fiver's because he's a minirex and his is so light and wiry and it sticks to everything! Skin, mucous membranes, eyeballs....I'm surprised I'm not hacking up bezoars like the cats! :roll:

Wow, I am impressed he lets you brush him! :thumb: Even the sight/sound of me picking up brush or comb sends Spenser into his bunker and 'preparing to bite' pose. :shock:

Lint rolls are :love:
I could not live without them. I should buy stock in the company that makes them. :roll:
On an unrelated note, I had a Siamese cat when I was a kid that enjoyed being vacuumed. Although she was a short-haired so it wasn't that big of a deal to keep her fur under control, we mostly used it to keep off fleas and their eggs.

Do you have much flea trouble in the UK?

Benjie started moulting continuously this Autumn. I thought it might be cos I was sleeping "silly times". :oops:
Like the rest of you it gets everywhere & sticks - ceiling to floor but especially my clothes & bed.
No idea how it gets in the kitchen sink plughole.:?
Reminds myself - Gotta find out where the filter is in the washing machine.;)

My MIL commented on how awful the fluff on my hubbies clothes is, his boss also told him off for it too!
4 house bunnies means so much fur lol!
I bought a clothes brush for £1 from asda and it is awesome! Much better than needing new rolls all the time and all done in a few sweeps of the clothing :D

My husband once came home and complained to me that he had taken the buns' towel by mistake to use after his lunchbreak jog at the office (it's white like our other towels but i can tell it apart). He said NEVER AGAIN as he was covered in fur after. :lol::lol:

He now looks at me suspiciously when i assure him he's got the right (human) towel.

Back