• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny stories

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Was wanting to know any funny bunny stories people have? Was just thinking about the time i learned to keep the bathroom door shut which is downstairs where my bunny roams. I came home from work one day to not find my bunny anywhere, when i went into the bathroom i found the poor thing in the toilet where he must have been stuck for a while as the water was dirty and had to bathe his bottom half as he was dirty! His poor little face when i found him looking out from the toilet i will never forget although i can giggle to myself now i will never leave the bathroom door open! :oops:

Oh dear - shouldn't laugh but that is funny - poor little thing! Bet he didn't learn though and wanted go back into the bathroom:roll:

Awww poor bun!!

Once of the fondiest memories I have of Leo & Missy is when they were free ranging one day when I was cleaning out their shed. Their bag of rabbit treats was in the conservatory on the table and I always left the door open as they liked to run in and out the house.

Everytime I looked they were a bit sheepish by the table, but the first time Missy was there, the second Leo and on the third look I noticed the bag was on the floor and Missy was running around with treat bag in her mouth :lol: They had been taking turns to nab the bag off the table and steal the treats!

Gosh I miss them :love:

Benji cracked me up one day... his eyesight wasn't great and I sat down on the floor next to him, he was startled and bit me on the thigh. When he realised it was me, he hopped about in a bit of a panic, before leaping on me and licking the spot where he bit me. It was like he was saying, "I'm sorry! Please still feed me!" :lol:

I left my mum in charge of 2 semi long haired foster kittens once, she couldn't find one of them and then discovered him in the toilet :mrgreen: he looked like a drowned rat :lol:

Oh too many!!

2 that i can think of now:
Leo is very cheeky and active and tried once to hop up one of his wooden pet houses. It's really made for bunnies so really not challenging at all. For some reason he didnt estimate the height properly and didnt succeed, so sort of just went clamber clamber and then fell back down. My husband and I happened to be watching him in their room and couldnt help but burst out laughing. He turned and looked at us with a really embarrassed look and then ran off to hide in his litter tray for the next 20 mins, ashamed!:lol: :lol:

I havent seen him try climb that house since...

The other story is of Lilou trying to steal Leo's piece of carrot. She already had hers and i am quite strict with portions as she's very greedy. The poor boy had his carrot stolen from under his nose and tried to chase his sister back for it. But Lilou was not giving up and for the next few minutes, i had one bun chasing the other around the room with a carrot in her mouth:lol: I had to intervene and took it off her.

OK maybe it doesnt sound so funny but it looked hilarious then! :love:

Harley did a face plant into her sofa a couple of months ago - she was doing the Bunny 500's, racing around the lounge and dining room (imagine an agouti feather duster with skinny legs;)) and she did a giant leap onto her sofa but mis-judged the height and just planted her face on the side.

Thankfully it was into the thick cushion of the sofa which is quite soft and she was fine - just looked a bit put out that the sofa wasn't lowered for her :roll:. Probably didn't help that I raced over to her to check she was alright - that really was adding insult to injury especially as I was laughing my head off at the same time.

:lol: these are funny!

Binky and Bailey like to sneak upstairs to my office where they aren't 'technically' allowed.

I heard a commotion upstairs one day and dashed up, really worried because lots of wires up there - and couldn't find any rabbit anywhere.

Then I saw the box under my desk was moving - it was just an empty cardboard box from a delivery, but the flaps were folded on the top - Binky had obviously decided to jump up on top of it and landed inside it and the flaps had closed on her (I am laughing so much typing this!) - she couldn't get out, and kept jumping up and throwing the flaps open, but they kept closing on her.

She made it out eventually, but it was hilarious!!

Im loving the stories, someone asked me the other day "arnt rabbits boring pets to have?" Of course i answered def not! I may show her this thread as proof that rabbits are so funny, cute and naughty in a good way (most the time!) :D I was laughing at my big bun Busters face last night as there was some toilet roll tubes on the settee which he never goes on as its there sleeping and hiding place under it (its a leather recliner so has lots of room underneath and think they like it that its a dark safe place) As i walked in the room he was sat by Bella the baby who was munching on one and asked him (crazy i know!) "how has she got that?" And he looks at me as if to say dont look at me i have no idea!

Im loving the stories, someone asked me the other day "arnt rabbits boring pets to have?" Of course i answered def not! I may show her this thread as proof that rabbits are so funny, cute and naughty in a good way (most the time!) :D I was laughing at my big bun Busters face last night as there was some toilet roll tubes on the settee which he never goes on as its there sleeping and hiding place under it (its a leather recliner so has lots of room underneath and think they like it that its a dark safe place) As i walked in the room he was sat by Bella the baby who was munching on one and asked him (crazy i know!) "how has she got that?" And he looks at me as if to say dont look at me i have no idea!

I thought that once upon a time...:oops::oops::oops:

Oh - how wrong I was.:thumb:

I think top three funny moments are:

1) When my neighbours came over for Chinese food, my friend Adam took his rice pancake and put it on his plate and waited for the duck and sauce to come round to him. Big (RIP) snuck up and took the pancake, then when the duck came round to Adam he was looking high and low for his pancake! When he realised Big was eating it, he took it off him, and then Big was looking high and low for the pancake!! :lol::lol:

2) Big and Adam again.... Adam came over to watch films and eat snacks and Big stuck his head in Adam's box of mini chocolate doughnuts and took one....and Adam ran after him shouting 'That bunny's got my doughnut!!!' :lol:

3) When Little was hungry and brought me her food bowl like Oliver Twist :lol::lol::lol:

Back