• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Metcam

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Hey,

So Ashley and April are back from their spay. All okay :) I asked the vet for some metacam and she said give 0.3 ml tomorrow morning then once daily.

They had some today but I don't know what time - should I give some tonight? They look a bit uncomfortable,

Well - not sure if uncomfortable or just exhausted - April is sleeping a lot, with her eyes closed! But seems to be struggling to get comfy.

If the vet gave the metacam it will have been by injection so I think it will last while morning if your vet told you to give some in the morning :)

glad the spays went well. what time did they have them, as they would have been given some afterwards, usually an injection that lasts 24 hours. so they should be ok until tomorrow morning, although if you think they may need something more, maybe ring the out of hours vets to ask. :wave:

They were done before lunch I think as the nurse said the vet likes to do ops in the morning so she can keep an eye on them in the afternoon.

Ok I will leave it until morning, thanks guys just wanted a second opinion, the OH reckons they are just exhausted, and he is probably right I think. Will leave them to it and let them sleep, April has eaten a bit of carrot, but Ashley hasn't yet, although she is moving about more than April.

There is some carrot and banana, pellets and hay in there so will leave them until morning and hopefully they will have had something.

Back