• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So excited!

Hales1092

Warren Scout
Just got a message whilst I was finishing work.....

WE ARE GETTING AMBER A FRIEND! :D

A neutered English Lop Earred bunny. He's a tad old like Amber, and we are getting him in a few weeks. Then he'll be introduced to Amber once her babies are fully ready to leave her :)

I would advise getting Amber speyed before you introduce them..hormones can cause difficult bondings and also breakdown in bonds

Amber is rather old, and had a lot of difficulties in her life. So by the time her babies leave and everything settles, I highly doubt im gonna wanna move her and put her under that stress to get her speyed. Its not totally out the question, but from vets point of view and mine? Its too risky getting her done unless necessary. I've known people to put their buns through operations, at ambers age? And die during surgery, and I know a lot who hasn't got cancer and lived a great life. :)

ah right, how old is she?
eta just seen she is two years which isn't old even for a large breed with a good vet
As she was young enough to breed from she should be ok to be speyed, just make sure a good bunny vet, Ask for recs for your area on here..she is a beauty by the way

Last edited:
She's around 3 years old and wasn't meant to have kits. Its a long story tbh about her past owners :/ But she is an absolute beauty :)

I would defiantly get her spayed , she's not old at all and if she is perfectly healthy and you have a good rabbit savvy vet then there shouldn't be a problem at all. Bonding an unspayed female would be very tricky as she would be very frustrated.

Back