• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets and baby buns

Are pellets supposed to be unlimited whilst a rabbit is still young, ie. 8 weeks old.

If yes what happens when a baby bun shows no interest in food but a huge interest in hay and will only occasionally pick at pellets? :wave:

i think it's better if they eat more hay and just a few pellets personally. :wave: just keep offering unlimited anyway and as long as they don't seem unable to eat them, then i would think to just carry on the way you are now. good to get into good hay eating habits early on :thumb:

Thanks, I know its a good thing with him eating so much hay as having 2 dental buns I know it ends up nasty when they don't eat it.:roll: I'm just concerned he isn't getting the correct nutrience from what he is currently eating :?

Personally I've never fed unlimited to young bunnies because I believe it's detrimental to the hay consumption. As long as the bun is healthy and gaining weight as they should I think it's great thy are choosing hay over pellets. I've never had buns quite that young though, probably ten weeks plus.

Back