• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me find a shed!

Jolysium

Mama Doe
I'm looking to get a shed/cabin to convert in to summertime bunny housing. Ideally I'd like one about 8x6ft with a door and window on the front. Can anyone recommend any good places / websites to look? Thanks :wave:

All I can say is please don't get one from B&Q, they are cheap but very badly made. You'll only end up buying another one in a couple of years time. On my various vists to garden centers etc I've seen they aways have a big selection and most are very well made too. Unfortunatlly my hubby made the mistake of saying ' I could build that for less' so the challenge was set! To cut a long story short, I now wish I'd borght one, would have worked out much cheaper! Hee hee, the one he has built is totally amazing but took three months! Bless him he worked so very hard on it. You're making the right choice with getting a shead. Totally lovely for a bunny home :thumb:

Unfortunatlly my hubby made the mistake of saying ' I could build that for less' so the challenge was set! To cut a long story short, I now wish I'd borght one, would have worked out much cheaper! Hee hee, the one he has built is totally amazing but took three months! Bless him he worked so very hard on it. You're making the right choice with getting a shead. Totally lovely for a bunny home :thumb:

I sympathise completely, my husband did the same but with our kitchen! 11 months without an oven!

I bought mine from member direct_garden_buildings on ebay. Its a 7x 5 and absolute rubbish.

The slats are bevelling from the rain, the door didnt close and had to be planed and we've had to get a friend in to do remedial repairs to make more sturdy,

Its been the biggest waste of money out and yep, i will be going back to Lanarkshire Shed Centre for any new one I get.

also don't get one from argos.My 8x6 shed and my bike shed came from there. Although cheap, neither of them came with instructions (not that they really needed any), but nothing fitted together properly as they weren't made accurately, so they ended up with gaps down the edges where they the walls didn't fit flush together. Both get very wet and damp inside, and are useless for winter.

That's why my buns have been indoows for 2 years, and my bikes are mouldy & starting to rust!

Thanks all :D

I think I'd actually want one that I could stand up in so it would have to be a full-size shed rather than a playhouse.

Depending on your budget, Dog Kennel/Run (shed type) are also well worth looking at.

P1030663_zps99355586.jpg

Last edited:
Back