• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit feed and GM

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
Have you ever concidered if the pellets/museli you feed your rabbit is GM free?

I read over the weekend about GM crops, food and its safety for the human gut and got to thinking about the pellets I feed.

In tests GM foods produced lots of problems, one being gut inflammation, this is also reported in humans.

My investigations tell me that supreme pet foods' science selective is not guaranteed GM free and they state that it is almost impossible to source GM free ingredients. This is direct from contact with them via their FB page. Interesting - dont think I am going to be buying pellets after this bag.

i find the uproar about GM food a bit ridiculous, GM food is simply resistant to diseases that would otherwise destroy crops and the farmers that rely on them to survive

ETA that wasnt meant to sound rude, i'm just trying to say that i dont think you need to worry about GM food, its not the danger that people make it out to be :thumb:

Last edited:
i find the uproar about GM food a bit ridiculous, GM food is simply resistant to diseases that would otherwise destroy crops and the farmers that rely on them to survive

ETA that wasnt meant to sound rude, i'm just trying to say that i dont think you need to worry about GM food, its not the danger that people make it out to be :thumb:

Don't worry, not rude! I thought the same until I read and saw what I saw at the weekend.

The info re high increase in inflammatory and gut diseases, allergies etc ties up for me.

In my parents day they told you smoking was good for you, asbestos was great, thalidomide was safe and until recently people believed they were eating what it said on the tin!

Back