• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Care sheet for new owners?

Eaj20

Young Bun
Can anyone give me some advice on what to put on a care sheet for my baby buns who are going to new homes? thank you :)

You'll need diet, housing (and exercise) and health info, along with info on specific illnesses rabbits in general are prone to and ones they will be prone to because of their genetics or breed. You'll also need info on vaccination and neutering and I would make this a requirement of rehoming them as well - draw up a contract. I imagine you are rehoming them only in pairs or as a companion for another rabbit, but I would put in some info on companionship and bonding. I'd also include a list of rabbit-savvy vets in the area.

I'd also include a few of the key RWAF leaflets.

Some of the best resources for new owners I've seen are actually the RSPCA website for the basics, and a rescue called the Rabbit Residence has a great site too. Maybe they're good places to take inspiration?

inform them that change over of food will need to be done gradually and half the amount stated on the bag is sufficent.

Back