• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How warm do you want it to be before letting house bunnies out during the day?

Jolysium

Mama Doe
That's all really! :wave:

I really want to let them out - at the moment the three of them are all living separately so none of them have as much space as I would like.

That's all really! :wave:

I really want to let them out - at the moment the three of them are all living separately so none of them have as much space as I would like.

I think it depends on the the temp they are currently living in.:? But not 100% :)

i have heard that you can let them out once the last frost is over....but how you are supposed to know that is beyond me :?

if the door is open for them to come and go I'd let them out above 5c (if they aren't used to being allowed outside) if you're wanting to put them in runs I'd wait until its above 10c

I wait until the temp is the same outside as it is inside, so currently around 13-17 degrees, so it needs to be a bit warmer for mine. Also be careful they dont over stuff themselves with the fresh new grass, dont want any tummy upsets!

Someone on here once said that if its warm enough for you to go out without a coat and feel comfortable then it's warm enough for the buns. I always thought that was lovely advice!

I'd say minimum 10 degrees with sun (as temp is always measured in the shade) or a bit higher if there's no sun out.

Back