• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

little wild rabbit rescued from cat

shelley1977

Warren Scout
Earlier on today I rescued a bun from friends cat who was carrying it by scruff of neck. I had to carry Pipkin home snuggled in my fleece. Couldn't help but name the little rabbit. Since then Pipkin has eaten some grass aswell as pooped and peed and is alert. I'm not sure what to do next. I don't know where the cat found him/her to release back into wild. Any advice is grateful.

hiya Shelley... Sorry didn't want to read and run.. can't help but I was good of you to look out for him... perhaps contact the SSPCA to see if any buns have gone missing in fife...

fee x

Best option as you don't know where it came from would be a wildlife centre, they can mix it in with their own babies (bound to have some this time of year) and then release it when it's ready. If it was caught by a cat it might also need antibiotics as cat bites/scratches are full of bugs.

Thanks for the replies. I'm nor sure how big wild rabbits grow but I think Pipkin is maybe 4-6 month old. I'll look into a wildlife sanctuary as I'm not sure where one might be . Pipkin looks fine this morning and ate all the greens I put in last night.

Back