• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mango wood??????

NikkiBaron

Warren Scout
Hi
I have a mango wood chest that I would like to put in my buns room to store their bits in?
If they had a chew on it (which I am sure they will! :) ) is it a safe wood ?#
Thanks in advance for any replies
Nikki

No it's not. Wood and other parts from fruit with stones are generally toxic to rabbits. I'm going to make a good guess that mango its too. Wouldn't risk it. :wave:

We have a mango wood t.v stand , bookcase and computer stand. Our house rabbits have never bothered with chewing it ( they prefer the couch 😏 ) though.

Can't you just cover it with a old sheet, put it in a corner and put something ant the bottom of the to sides that are not against a wall so they can't pull the sheet up and start chewing.

Hi
Thanks for all your replies.
Yes i can cover it with a sheet. Good idea.
Am a little concerned now as I have a lot of wooden furniture and when they are free ranging (which is a lot!) they can sometimes have a chew on the corner of a cabinet or table leg.
It has never done them any harm so far.
Should i be more concerned.
My OH is always moaning about it but i say the marks are all adding to happy memories :)

Back