• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worried about matt

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
he's really bunged up and being huffy with nebulising, which means his nose is really blocked and he hates when it's that bad and it moves down his nose. :( he's resting alot and just seems a bit down really. :( hate seeing him looking sad. :cry:

i took him outside yesterday for some fresh air to help so will do that again today and hope he can sneeze it all further down.

he doesn't have bisolvon, he used to have parvolex with hypertonic saline to thin the mucus, then every 4-6 weeks we added genticin to it when he needed the extra help. since we have been unable to get parvolex, he has done better than we thought he would do on just hypertonic saline and then genticin added every 4 weeks or so for a week, but he's not doing as well as the original combination he was on for ages and ages.

i think it's my fault because maisie piggy seemed on the verge of being ill after ches passed so i have been having the heating a bit higher for her and i think it's just been too much for matt. :( he's also moulting aswell which doesn't help.

every so often he has some very thick stubborn mucus and he hates the feel of it moving down his nose a bit at a time. luckily we took him outside earlier and the wind made him sneeze and he got a thick piece out, so fingers crossed it is nearly out now.

i just feel so sorry for him when he gets like this. if he ends up needing the genticin more regularly then we will have to try and find something to go with the hypertonic saline again inbetween the genticin courses, but that worries me because of all the things he has had in the past that didn't work.

so fingers crossed he can shift this stubborn bit and get back on track.

Hopefully he can go out a bit more and breathe easier. It's suppose to be 19C on Saturday. Probably indoors with the heating on isn't helping but it's hard when you have another bun to consider.

Lots of vibes for Matt.

Oh no :( he's obviously heard us talking about him, saying how well he's coping. Ellie sends some big sneeze vibes your way, hope he feels better soon. x

Poor Matt, im sure the long winter hasnt helped, all the snuffles buns seem to be feeling it at the moment. I hope it clears soon

thanks everyone. i've let him have a quick hop outside everytime he has 'asked' and the cold air really got up his nose and he sneezed alot out .... and then did a binky! :love:

he still sounds quite bad but he seems brighter now he has cleared some. just going to nebulise him now so that should help some more.

matts back co-operating with nebulising now and seems alot happier. he is moving around more and being cheeky. his nose is very wet though but at least it's all coming out.

Laughing at the vision of Matt in his 'sauna' chilling with his mates talking about his day at work at his latest chicks!! :lol:

Pleased he's on the mend, hope he carries on improving :thumb: x

Back