• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been Up All Night With Max :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
At about 10.30pm he started refusing food, looking very uncomfortable etc. I know exactly what's wrong, he and Charlotte are both mounting profusely at the moment so I'm pretty sure he's trying to pass some fur :(

My emergency vets us an hours drive away and my OH is away working with the car until tonight :( Panic :shock:

So I gave him some Metacam, have been syringing him warm water every couple of hours, giving gentle tummy massages and keeping him warm. Nothing was working though :(

Finally at 6am he had a nibble on some hay and did a couple of small poos. At around 7.30 he ate 2 or 3 of his pellets but that's all.

Will be phoning my local vets (luckily only 5 mins walk away) at 9, hopefully they'll get him in straight away.

Vibes for my poor boy please?

I'm exhausted and have to work at 12 until 7pm looking after kids :shock:

Last edited:
Mega vibes from me. Hope he starts eating & pooing soon.....moulting buns cause so much worry!

Mega vibes from me. Hope he starts eating & pooing soon.....moulting buns cause so much worry!

OMG there is fur EVERYWHERE at the moment :evil:
Charlotte had a moment the other day but got through it within half an hour and passed a string of poos :(
HATE moulting

Sending healing vibes and hoping things get sorted for Max quickly today. (((((((((((Hugs for you)))))))))))) that you'll be able to function today...totally empathize with the up all night and yet having to remain sharp the next day situation. xxxx

Back from vets, he's in stasis as suspected but no blockage, phew.
He's had an injection of Metacloperamide and Metacam and I'm to medicate him at home for 3 days.
He's really not looking happy right now, very subdued :?

Back from vets, he's in stasis as suspected but no blockage, phew.
He's had an injection of Metacloperamide and Metacam and I'm to medicate him at home for 3 days.
He's really not looking happy right now, very subdued :?

och, hope he responds well to the meds.....come on Maxy Boy!

och, hope he responds well to the meds.....come on Maxy Boy!

Thank you :wave:

Vet was glad I went in actually as a little black bun had been found dumped in the snow by some :censored: and they want me to help but had lost my number.

Unfortunately I cant have him incase it upsets my 4. I'm trying to sort out getting him to the rabbit sanctuary where my lot came from. Poor little guy, makes me sick :evil:

Sending mega vibes for Max, i can totally empathise at the moment with my poorly Honey :( i am sure it is a fur problem too, they moult constantly :( i hope he improves quickly xxx

Keeping my fingers crossed for Max!! And I hope the little bun who was abandoned finds a new home too xxx

Hope little Max is eating and pooping a lot.

I notice Doughnut gets a little subdued when she is molting. Not continous but has moments where she doesn't seem as happy. At the moment she is molting but it's hard to tell with the meds she's on. I am always brushing her, but that probably annoys her more after a certain point!

Back