• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New mouse

September

Young Bun
2 days ago I went to the petstore and picked up this little fella :D

60343737-623c-47e3-ac1b-824138a2caa8_zpseac5cc73.jpg

Today he was finally settled in enough for a short photoshoot, though I only got the one good pic out of 40/50. I'd forgotten how hard mice are to catch pictures of! lol

He is lovely. Will you be getting him a friend? If so will he be neutered? That picture of him is great. Love the name too!

Can mice be neutered? I thought they were too small. :wave:

i thought this too! but i remember seeing on an rspca website a while ago a group of mice, and the males were to be rehomed with groups of 2 or 3 females so i assume they can neuter them! must need a vet with very good eyesight though :shock:

i thought this too! but i remember seeing on an rspca website a while ago a group of mice, and the males were to be rehomed with groups of 2 or 3 females so i assume they can neuter them! must need a vet with very good eyesight though :shock:

Must be quite high risk though? I always thought guinea pigs were the smallest who could be neutered?

just found this on the rspca page

House your mice in single-sex, stable, compatible, harmonious groups
Never house mice on their own unless it is under the specific recommendation of a vet. If this is required, you must make sure they can see, hear and smell other mice of their own gender, and they must be provided with additional environmental resources to meet their needs.

no mention of neutering being possible :?

Mice can be neutered but I won't have mine done... But neither have perfect health to start with.

I think a lot of males will fight - mine ended up fighting and had to be separated so are both single.

He's gorgeous though :love:

hamsters can be neutered too

I've heard of hammies being spayed successfully, eaves the dwarf breeds :shock: though normally I believe it would only be done as an emergency spay and for health reasons only. I'd never choose to have one done if I could help it.

He is a handsome little chappie :love:

I was going to get my 2 single boy mice neutered but the vet said they were too small.
I really want to get them some company though and people have suggested female multi-mammates to go with them. :)

Back