• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat ball

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
Should I be able to get a good one from a local pet shop suitable for a rabbit? Lolas mind is constantly active, always wanting to be doing something she probably shouldn't, but she's very food orientated and very clever so I thought if I could get a good ball that withstands chewing teeth then she would have hours of fun trying to get her nuggets and veggies out.

Anyone got one?

If you want one that isn't edible you could get one of those dog treat balls that you have to roll to get the treats out of like this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Dog-...qid=1365438968&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+ball+treat

I use willow balls because then they get eaten too and Spice loves munching through them to get to the goodies inside. And they're reasonably cheap for a bundle of them: I ordered seven in an edible willow basket from here: http://bunnybinkstoys.co.uk/ for £5.70, although I think they're out of stock at the moment. I stuff them full of hay with a treat in the middle by just poking it in through the holes then give them to the buns at night to keep them busy whilst the less nocturnal members of the family sleep!

Yeah I should've been more specific, I want one that rolls across the floor, I already have a dangly treat ball with a bell on. Can you buy the willow/sea grass stuff just in strings from anywhere, I could make my own hay ball thingy?

I get the impression they're a bit fiddly to make...I might give it a go if I had a willow tree in the garden, but as it is I find it easier to just buy them already made :D There are tutorials on ehow and youtube if you do want to give it a go, although the home decor ones use wires, which obviously you'd need to find a substitute for. You can order willow in bulk for crafting too.

Try the cat section if it's a little local shop, sometimes you'd find them there even if they don't stock much for bunnies.

Mine have had dog ones and bunny ones and the dog ones are much better imo :wave:

this is the favourite
Rosewood_Spotty_Dog_Treat_Balls__66144.1346685139.1280.1280.jpg

this thread has inspired me to dig out my two treat balls hidden underneath the clutter in the cupboard and given them to my three, they all loved them!:D

Back