• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Educating the educated

el1983

Mama Doe
I am going to be bunny sitting my sister in laws 2 boys in August for a month whilst they go on holiday, she has 2 un neutered males and one is picking onthe other!!! Really!!! I told her she needs to seperate them and get them both done asap. I said that if they still fight after being done i would try and bond one with Bella and they should get a neutered female for the remaining one. She said she cant be botherrd with them anyway, they both work full time as teachers so dont have timne for them, i suggested re homing them at first but her hubby said its not a very good example to set the kids. Theyre looked after, fed, watered, cleaned out etc, big playhouse with run attached. Anyway i told them getting them done will help toilet training and calm them down so see what happens.

If they're not fighting badly then I would leave them together and have them neutered asap so they don't need rebonding.

With the weather and everything, bickering will be stronger so now would be the best time to get them done. I would explain to them that if they do fall out then they would have 2 single rabbits and tbh, in my opinion that's a worse example to set for the children than rehoming them. Also that a payment for 2 neuters will be much cheaper than what they could be paying for if they fight. Bunnies fighting is horrible, but 2 males can end very badly.

Last edited:
If they're not fighting badly then I would leave them together and have them neutered asap so they don't need rebonding.

With the weather and everything, bickering will be stronger so now would be the best time to get them done. I would explain to them that if they do fall out then they would have 2 single rabbits and tbh, in my opinion that's a worse example to set for the children than rehoming them. Also that a payment for 2 neuters will be much cheaper than what they could be paying for if they fight. Bunnies fighting is horrible, but 2 males can end very badly.

Thanks i will tell them that, theyre brothers, she is going to get them done asap so we will see what happens :thumb: I dont think they have time for them really but i did say that as long as they have each other and theyre fed etc, checked each day then they dont need a massive amount of human contact, i think once the weather cheers up more it wont seem so much of a pain looking after them, i think the cold and dark evenings gets to everyone. Theyve both had vaccines just not been done.

You should show them the willy pictures on the photo thread- that might show them why it's important :(

You should show them the willy pictures on the photo thread- that might show them why it's important :(

She said she would get them both done, i think its just another case of not knowing enough about buns :( ones already been bitten on his bits! She said when they were at the vets last that the vet said he had been bitten, i dont know why the vet didnt suggest she have them done!

Back