• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits wag tails?

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
Sounds crazy but honestly I swear Lola 'wagged' her tail as she was hopping :|

Maybe I need a lie down...

I though I was going crazy!! She was just hopping around my feet begging for food, I thought "noooo don't be silly Chloe" :lol:

One of my previous male bunnies (un-neuteured at the time) used to do it just before he would throw himself round and spray to a great height!!!

Your only warning to get out of the way PDQ was the flutter of his tail :lol::lol:

I never knew rabbits could wag their tails until Rosie met Pebbles for the first couple of times. She smelt him and then zoomed off in excitement wagging her tail like an excited dog. Was quite sweet

That video is fantastic! :D What a character!
Both Fiver and Pip wag their tails for apparently no reason. I guess it's a kind of greeting as I see it mostly when I'm speaking to them just as we're about to do a cleaning or feeding.
Mimzy used to wag a bit, but he's much more reserved than the other two. His binkies have dwindled too as he's aged.
It's also often a precursor to a set of zoomies for Pip. Kind of like she's revving her engines. :lol:

Back