• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

When can my bucks go back outside after neuter?

My boys were neutered on Friday, I have brought them indoors since then and they are both eating/drinking/weeing/pooing. They are still a little subdued and spending a lot of time in the bedroom area laid down together. When should they go back outdoors? Is it best to keep them inside for a little while longer?

You could try them outside, maybe thats what they're missing, as long as you've kept them at a cool temperature similar to outdoors then they should be fine, the main thing is their eating, pooping and weeing and you said they're back to normal with this:wave:

I would put them back out. Scarlet is always subdued when she's in after procedures. I think she's happier once she's back outside so if they're eating, pooping and weeing ok I'd put them back out and see how they are.

I would think that is okay for the lads to go back outside, but keep a close eye on them just in case anything happens. Extra hay and a snuggle safe may be needed.

I hope they continue to make good progress.:thumb:

so long as they have been in a room with no heating i left the window open when i kept mine in overnight so that it was not too much of a shock when they back out if you haven't already move them out around lunchtime when it has warmed up ...

rabbits do much better when they are in the environment they are use to ...glad it went well and they are both ok...:D

They have been in the porch, there is no radiator in there and it gets quite cool on an eve. Think I will put them in the run outside for an hour whilst I cook dinner so I can see them through the window and then decide whether to leave them out.

they have perked up since going out and have done constant binkys! have put extra bedding in for them tonight and will check on them before I go to bed. They even nose bumped my 4 year old!

they have perked up since going out and have done constant binkys! have put extra bedding in for them tonight and will check on them before I go to bed. They even nose bumped my 4 year old!

oh excellent, they were obviously overjoyed to be back outside ...i didn't let mine use the ladder in the hutch until his post op check but the day before he jumped out of the top floor of the hutch :shock: he was fine but i was trying to restrict his exercise .....lol:lol:

They are still doing well, have post op check on thurs so hopefully they will be both be healing well. Keep attempting to check their stitches but they hate me lifting them up so difficult to see but no signs of infection as of now. Will keep trying to check them though!

Back