• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*****cheap good quality hay***** titchfield/fareham/south hants

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know, my sister is a polo groom....with about 11 horses.

We went out for dinner last night and in conversation hay came up. She was horrified when she found out that I was paying 6.50 a bale.....and has said I can buy from them for only 3.50 collection. She also said they're more than happy to extend the offer to any of my 'bunny friends'......so consider it extended :wave:

They're based in titchfield...and if anyone is interested drop me a pm and I'll give you their number so they can organise a time for you to pick up. Alternatively I or they can deliver in about a 10 mile radius for fuel money.

Hope this helps someone :wave:

What sort of quality is it? I've been going to Kitnocks farm recently as their hay has been really fab

I''ve not been through the whole batch (it's enormous) but when I helped refill hay nets the other day it was beautiful sweet smelling with lovely long strands and not dusty (any more than usual)

It's good quality, the horses are athletes.....though they don't look it at the moment :lol: They've just come in after their winter out so they're all fat and hairy :lol: Pete (the owner) spares no expense.....so the horses only get the best. He's also very well known in the area....and no one would dare rip him off with **** hay.

It's stored in an open barn, so well ventilated and not damp :wave:

I'm interested! :wave::wave:

Need to get my butt in gear and get some bales again :?

My buns can vouch for the hay's nomminess. They all really liked it. I've run out now and am back to buying expensive tiny bags until I get time to visit Sam to get some more of this great hay.

Ooh I'm interested! :wave:

I recently bought a local bale for about £6-7ish and whilst it was ok they really didn't eat enough of it so I went back to hayforpets. But if this hay is lovely then I hope the little blighters will eat it! :lol:

Not sure where I would store a full bale though :?

Do you want to split a bale Rhianna? :wave:

Ooh I'm interested! :wave:

I recently bought a local bale for about £6-7ish and whilst it was ok they really didn't eat enough of it so I went back to hayforpets. But if this hay is lovely then I hope the little blighters will eat it! :lol:

Not sure where I would store a full bale though :?

Do you want to split a bale Rhianna? :wave:

I don't really have anywhere to store a bale. I put hay in bin bags and have some in the house and some in my shed, but the shed leaks so it's far from ideal.

It would be great to share a bale but I only have a tiny two seater car so can't collect it from Sam's.

This hay really is lovely. When Sam brought a bale over the buns were trying to get at it through their pens and I got through the bale much quicker than I usually do, despite not needing so much hay for bedding as I do in the winter.

I was tempted to put some of the nommy hay in a salad, it smelled so good:lol:

I don't really have anywhere to store a bale. I put hay in bin bags and have some in the house and some in my shed, but the shed leaks so it's far from ideal.

It would be great to share a bale but I only have a tiny two seater car so can't collect it from Sam's.

This hay really is lovely. When Sam brought a bale over the buns were trying to get at it through their pens and I got through the bale much quicker than I usually do, despite not needing so much hay for bedding as I do in the winter.

I was tempted to put some of the nommy hay in a salad, it smelled so good:lol:

I can fit a bale in my car :wave:

Maybe I could pick you up and you can tell me where I'm going? :p

I can fit a bale in my car :wave:

Maybe I could pick you up and you can tell me where I'm going? :p

That sounds like a plan if Sam is OK with that. You are both lovely - I know you two will get on well - you are very similar in age and outlook.

I know she is busy this weekend but I was going over on Monday. Are you free then or working?

That sounds like a plan if Sam is OK with that. You are both lovely - I know you two will get on well - you are very similar in age and outlook.

I know she is busy this weekend but I was going over on Monday. Are you free then or working?

I'll probably be running around like a blue bummed fly...but as like as long as you don't mind a slightly messy house....a noisy toddler and a bunny who has no concept of personal boundaries then you're more than welcome :lol::oops:

Am playing taxi on Saturday so getting the car cleaned tomorrow afternoon....so I should be able to pick up a bale for you on Sunday.

Maybe I should starting doing it for people in bags?

I could do if thatwould be easier :D

How big are bales, for example in comparison to a big bag from hay for pets?

I have no idea how big a bag is :lol: the bales fit very snugly into the boot of my 206.....but are tightly compacted...so there's a lot more hay than you think.

Will try to measure the bale in the garden for you tomorrow if you like

Back