PDA

View Full Version : *****cheap good quality hay***** titchfield/fareham/south hants

Bluesmum
07-04-2013, 10:56 AM
As some of you know, my sister is a polo groom....with about 11 horses.

We went out for dinner last night and in conversation hay came up. She was horrified when she found out that I was paying 6.50 a bale.....and has said I can buy from them for only 3.50 collection. She also said they're more than happy to extend the offer to any of my 'bunny friends'......so consider it extended :wave:

They're based in titchfield...and if anyone is interested drop me a pm and I'll give you their number so they can organise a time for you to pick up. Alternatively I or they can deliver in about a 10 mile radius for fuel money.

Hope this helps someone :wave:

scarlett
07-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Wish i was nearby! That's a really good offer:wave:

Lea-Anne
07-04-2013, 12:52 PM
How lovely of them. :)

catherine09
07-04-2013, 06:27 PM
What sort of quality is it? I've been going to Kitnocks farm recently as their hay has been really fab

Bluesmum
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
What sort of quality is it? I've been going to Kitnocks farm recently as their hay has been really fab

I''ve not been through the whole batch (it's enormous) but when I helped refill hay nets the other day it was beautiful sweet smelling with lovely long strands and not dusty (any more than usual)

It's good quality, the horses are athletes.....though they don't look it at the moment :lol: They've just come in after their winter out so they're all fat and hairy :lol: Pete (the owner) spares no expense.....so the horses only get the best. He's also very well known in the area....and no one would dare rip him off with **** hay.

It's stored in an open barn, so well ventilated and not damp :wave:

Bluesmum
09-04-2013, 05:35 PM
No-one?

Gem
09-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm interested! :wave::wave:

Need to get my butt in gear and get some bales again :?

Bluesmum
06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Just bumping this up a little :wave:

Rhianna
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
My buns can vouch for the hay's nomminess. They all really liked it. I've run out now and am back to buying expensive tiny bags until I get time to visit Sam to get some more of this great hay.

Hele
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Ooh I'm interested! :wave:

I recently bought a local bale for about 6-7ish and whilst it was ok they really didn't eat enough of it so I went back to hayforpets. But if this hay is lovely then I hope the little blighters will eat it! :lol:

Not sure where I would store a full bale though :?

Do you want to split a bale Rhianna? :wave:

helennnnnn
06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
How big are bales, for example in comparison to a big bag from hay for pets?

HoneyBear
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Wish I had somewhere to store a bale :(

Rhianna
06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Ooh I'm interested! :wave:

I recently bought a local bale for about 6-7ish and whilst it was ok they really didn't eat enough of it so I went back to hayforpets. But if this hay is lovely then I hope the little blighters will eat it! :lol:

Not sure where I would store a full bale though :?

Do you want to split a bale Rhianna? :wave:

I don't really have anywhere to store a bale. I put hay in bin bags and have some in the house and some in my shed, but the shed leaks so it's far from ideal.

It would be great to share a bale but I only have a tiny two seater car so can't collect it from Sam's.

This hay really is lovely. When Sam brought a bale over the buns were trying to get at it through their pens and I got through the bale much quicker than I usually do, despite not needing so much hay for bedding as I do in the winter.

I was tempted to put some of the nommy hay in a salad, it smelled so good:lol:

Hele
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't really have anywhere to store a bale. I put hay in bin bags and have some in the house and some in my shed, but the shed leaks so it's far from ideal.

It would be great to share a bale but I only have a tiny two seater car so can't collect it from Sam's.

This hay really is lovely. When Sam brought a bale over the buns were trying to get at it through their pens and I got through the bale much quicker than I usually do, despite not needing so much hay for bedding as I do in the winter.

I can fit a bale in my car :wave:

Maybe I could pick you up and you can tell me where I'm going? :p

Tinsel
06-06-2013, 06:49 PM

Only on RU..... :roll:

;) :lol::lol:

Rhianna
06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I can fit a bale in my car :wave:

Maybe I could pick you up and you can tell me where I'm going? :p

That sounds like a plan if Sam is OK with that. You are both lovely - I know you two will get on well - you are very similar in age and outlook.

I know she is busy this weekend but I was going over on Monday. Are you free then or working?

Rhianna
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Only on RU..... :roll:

;) :lol::lol:

The scary thing is that I was serious!!! I buried my nose in it and it really did smell tasty!!

Bluesmum
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
That sounds like a plan if Sam is OK with that. You are both lovely - I know you two will get on well - you are very similar in age and outlook.

I know she is busy this weekend but I was going over on Monday. Are you free then or working?

I'll probably be running around like a blue bummed fly...but as like as long as you don't mind a slightly messy house....a noisy toddler and a bunny who has no concept of personal boundaries then you're more than welcome :lol::oops:

Am playing taxi on Saturday so getting the car cleaned tomorrow afternoon....so I should be able to pick up a bale for you on Sunday.

Maybe I should starting doing it for people in bags?

I could do if thatwould be easier :D

Bluesmum
06-06-2013, 09:41 PM
How big are bales, for example in comparison to a big bag from hay for pets?

I have no idea how big a bag is :lol: the bales fit very snugly into the boot of my 206.....but are tightly compacted...so there's a lot more hay than you think.

Will try to measure the bale in the garden for you tomorrow if you like

Bluesmum
06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
The scary thing is that I was serious!!! I buried my nose in it and it really did smell tasty!!

Maurice thinks it's so good he turned down carrot feelings for it :shock:

Hele
06-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I'll probably be running around like a blue bummed fly...but as like as long as you don't mind a slightly messy house....a noisy toddler and a bunny who has no concept of personal boundaries then you're more than welcome :lol::oops:

Am playing taxi on Saturday so getting the car cleaned tomorrow afternoon....so I should be able to pick up a bale for you on Sunday.

Maybe I should starting doing it for people in bags?

I could do if thatwould be easier :D

That sounds like a lovely house :love:

Sadly I am working on Monday :( also on Wednesday, but I could do other days if you guys are around!

catherine09
06-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Can I muscle in on this? :oops:

I would love to try some of this hay, and have a trailer if that is any use for transport?

helennnnnn
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I have no idea how big a bag is :lol: the bales fit very snugly into the boot of my 206.....but are tightly compacted...so there's a lot more hay than you think.

Will try to measure the bale in the garden for you tomorrow if you like

That would be useful, I'm trying to picture it in the garage and whether we have enough room :lol:

Can I muscle in on this? :oops:

I would love to try some of this hay, and have a trailer if that is any use for transport?

So you can collect it and then deliver sections of a bale to us all to try! :p

catherine09
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
That would be useful, I'm trying to picture it in the garage and whether we have enough room :lol:

So you can collect it and then deliver sections of a bale to us all to try! :p

If it means lots of bunny snuggles then I'm in :D

Babsie
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
I'd love a bag to try - but am a bit far away.

Rhianna
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm working more than usual next week - doing a 24 hour shift on Thursday. Working Tuesday and Wednesday mornings in Hythe but finish at 1.30 pm.

Depends what suits Sam really. A trailer sounds very useful too:) I have Honeybear''s two buns boarding here at the moment so extra bunnies to snuggle:)

My house is messy and needs loads of work doing to it. I have more time now but no money and limited mobility:(:(

nessar
06-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Oooh I'd love some hay but couldn't collect, but happy to pay petrol monies to get it to Cosham?

Not yet though, as I have nowhere to store a bale :lol: I'll have to go on the hunt for a suitable outdoor storage box. Happy to split with people!

Bluesmum
07-06-2013, 09:19 AM
I have some megazorb bags floating around I think...and they hold about 1/2 a bale if you can keep the hay compact....if you guys are happy to keep one and fill it up can do for 2 a bag.....or similar sized .

Would that help at all?

Just so people get an idea of storage, I keep a bale outside in something very similar to this

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/7204500/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+garden|33005908/c_2/2|33005908|Conservatories%2C+sheds+and+greenhouses |33007618/c_3/3|cat_33007618|Garden+storage+boxes+and+cupboards| 33013130.htm

It's not 100% waterproof....so I have it raised on a couple of bricks with a hippo bag on top. That way it stays nice and dry....and I don't get hay everywhere (except where I have to drag it through the house :roll: )

At the moment well be able to do it this way till the end of September....but after that I don't know cause belly and Matt will be back off to NZ for 6 months. Nearer the time I'll see if I can talk to their boss and see if we can come toan arrangement.

Rhianna
07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Having checked my diary I'm counselling Tues and Wed as well as working in the morning so I am more or less full-time next week apart from Monday.

Can I come over on Monday and pick up a bag of hay to keep me going, please, Sam as I am spending a fortune on tiny bags which only last a day or so?

Then, maybe, Hele and I could come over the following week as I'll probably have run out again by then, if this suits you and Hele?

Hele
07-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Having checked my diary I'm counselling Tues and Wed as well as working in the morning so I am more or less full-time next week apart from Monday.

Can I come over on Monday and pick up a bag of hay to keep me going, please, Sam as I am spending a fortune on tiny bags which only last a day or so?

Then, maybe, Hele and I could come over the following week as I'll probably have run out again by then, if this suits you and Hele?

Yes that is fine with me :p

catherine09
07-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I can store bales so would there be any way I could just buy a couple rather than buying in megazorb bags?

Bluesmum
07-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Yup. Youre always welcome. Week after next I shouldn't be so crazy busy...wedding will be over and done with by then.

Might be worth seeing how much we can fit in one of the zip up laundry bag thingies.

Bluesmum
07-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I can store bales so would there be any way I could just buy a couple rather than buying in megazorb bags?

If you're picking up from belly directly I don't see why not :wave: you'll have to check with her though. The megazorb bags were a suggestion for those who can't store a full bale :D

Gem
07-06-2013, 11:59 AM
I have some megazorb bags floating around I think...and they hold about 1/2 a bale if you can keep the hay compact....if you guys are happy to keep one and fill it up can do for 2 a bag.....or similar sized .

Would that help at all?

I would love some if possible :wave:

nessar
10-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Are you still doing this Bluesmum, or anyone else in the area?

Desperately need some decent hay for Barney, spending a fortune and he's hardly eating any, which with his gut issues is very bad news. I can't buy hay online either, as I'm not in to receive the parcels anymore.

I'm in Cosham, would gladly pay petrol money etc but I don't drive myself so can't collect :( Currently can't store a full bale but could buy a box to put it in if noone wants to split one?

Rach2304
06-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Hi can you tell me where I can get fresh hay bales for rabbits

Rach2304
06-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Hi blues mum can I get some fresh hay can you give me the number please

Rach2304
06-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Hi I would like some fresh hay please how do I get this

Jack's-Jane
06-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Hi I would like some fresh hay please how do I get this

Hello, this thread is almost 4 years old so it'd be better to start a new one asking for recommendations :) If you want to buy hay bales in bulk then an Equine Horse Feed Supplier would be your best bet.

loobers25
08-04-2017, 04:23 PM
I was working in Titchfield the other day. I still buy bags of Hay from excel and other expensive brands! I don't know why I have never tried a farmer?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Gem
13-04-2017, 11:04 PM
If your in the titchfield etc area then try Shedfield equestrian that's where my bales come from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk