• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking bets on how long it takes N&T to realise their pear twigs are edible...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
They don't get pear/apple etc twigs/sticks very often as they're hard to come by and I have no money this year to buy off RU! They love stripping fresh sticks, won't touch dried ones.

I was at a farm shop today and happened to ask when they were pruning their fruit trees... long story short, I came back with my back seat covered in massive branches :oops:.

I put one in their shed but went out about 4 hours later and it hadn't been touched :shock:. Something tells me I'm in for the long haul here... usually it takes them a good few days to realise that it exists :roll:

Taking bets!

They don't get pear/apple etc twigs/sticks very often as they're hard to come by and I have no money this year to buy off RU! They love stripping fresh sticks, won't touch dried ones.

I was at a farm shop today and happened to ask when they were pruning their fruit trees... long story short, I came back with my back seat covered in massive branches :oops:.

I put one in their shed but went out about 4 hours later and it hadn't been touched :shock:. Something tells me I'm in for the long haul here... usually it takes them a good few days to realise that it exists :roll:

Taking bets!

My OH has apple and pear trees, loads of fruit trees! Do I just break off sticks and feed them?? I need to steal some off him :lol:

My OH has apple and pear trees, loads of fruit trees! Do I just break off sticks and feed them?? I need to steal some off him :lol:

It'd probably be better to take some little hand-sized pruning shears and cut them off rather than break, as they can be quite blooming bendy! Definitely take some (if he lets you ;)) - mine love them!

It'd probably be better to take some little hand-sized pruning shears and cut them off rather than break, as they can be quite blooming bendy! Definitely take some (if he lets you ;)) - mine love them!

Ahh he wont have a choice in the matter :D do you know what fruit tree stick arent safe to feed??

anything with a stone I believe (so cherries, plums) I'd just stick with Apple and Pear for now if I were you :thumb:

Back