• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disaster- Pixie in a state after seeing a cat.

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
:(
I stupidly didn't think that Pixie may of not seen a cat before . Our cat is an indoor cat but we Occasionally take her out on her lead. I stupidly walked out ebony, Pixie was in the run she saw her darted into the cat flap skidded across the lino and wedged herself in between a tight gap against the wall and carrier , panting and scanning . I tried to comfort her but she kept running back and forth frantically hitting in to things . I decided to go inside and get some parsley as I opened the back door she was in the run and started frantically pacing back and forth and ran into the shed :( she's in a right state it's all my fault there's nothing I can do to calm her down. I daren't pick her up I've never handled her and don't plan too . how on earth can we keep cats away from us? :(

My rabbits do this if anything spooks them, not necessarily a cat, they live with 4. They have bolted back and forth for simple stuff like a plant pot falling off the garden wall. they are just skitty, or maybe thats just mine. I left them to it and they calm down together in their own time, me going in to them makes them worse as they arent the cuddliest of bunnies

Poor Pixie. :cry:

As upsetting as it is, she will be ok. She has her Pickle to snuggle with.

Thank you both , It took a while for her to settle down but just been out to see them and all is well. She's a little wary still tonight but im sure she will be just fine tomorrow. I am just going to heat up their snuggle safe and chop up veg for the pigs and get ready flopsy's metacam then will put them to bed with their pellets.

My Biggest concern is when we are out and one of the 3 Bengals in the village coming into the garden at scaring her, they are just 2 doors away and they can be quite a pain to say the least. All of the bunnies are wary of the Bengals but are fine with normal cats. I am not sure how we can get her used to cats but I cant block the runs out completely, the bengals are around quite a lot unfortunately and out garden is not exactly fenced at the moment so we have no way really of blocking cats out . I just don't want my little girl getting distressed bless her. She is a siamese sable and their eye sight is not 100% as they have albino gene's hence why she scans a lot. if she does not see things while she is scanning she can get spooked bless her.

Aww poor little girl :( hopefully she will get used to seeing them over time, and learn that they can't get to her. She might see that Pickle isn't scared and copy him :wave: it's such a worry though. I hope she is ok tomorrow xxx

Sending calming vibes for little Pixie. It sounds like she will have to get used to seeing cats about, but once she realises she is safe from them she should be fine. :wave:

Don't worry too much. She has a "bolt hole" and she will eventually get used to them.

Fiver used to be absolutely petrified of dogs, made worse by being chased by 2! He now quite happily hops after Rosie (my dog) and he is not so scared when he hears next door's dogs barking. :) He used to be terrified of Mack but actually got quite complacent with him (he wasn't a bunny friendly dog!) and Fiver would hop over to the back door and tease him through the glass. :roll:

Awww...glad she calmed down. I know that yours can come and go as they please from their sheds to their runs, but how about getting her an extra little hide-out for the run? Fill it with hay?

Unless you have all that in there, in which case, ignore!

:wave::wave:

My twinkle is a REW, shes the most skitty with noises and movement, she scans alot. Having said that if the youngest cat goes in the shed and trys to sleep she turfs her out.

Have had a couple of occasions where Holly has spent the night with the rabbits accidentally. I have been in big trouble the next morning when Ive got 'that' look from the rabbits and Holly has skulked out of the shed knowing shes lost this one:lol:

Back