• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wendyhouse or hutch?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
So when Dylan is neuted, im hoping to rescue him a friend and move them outside!

but not sure which is best, I hae space for a 3x3 possible 3x4 wendyhouse type thing

or would a double 5-6 foot hutch be better?

I would say Wendy house, a 3x4 one because (I think..) it's the same square footage as a 6 x 2 hutch but with a double you lose space with a ramp. I don't know :lol: You can make an extra level in a Wendy house to offer more space too.

I'd go as big as you can as he is a big rabbit! :)

I'd also say a wendy house, even though I don't have space for one myself at the moment, I'd always go for one of them over a hutch! I'm sure you already know this but just in case you don't, plastic ones aren't advised because it gets ridiculously hot inside them!:wave:

Would either have a run attached?

I have two Wendy houses, Strawbs is 4x4 house with an 8x4 run attached, Snowdrop has a 6x4 house with a 4x4 run attached. My two also get at least 2 hours free range time on the garden every day as they need lots of exercise.

I am not a fan of double hutches as the ramp loses lots of space. Wendy houses are great but I feel they must have a run as they tend to be square shaped which limits space to run and jump.

Would either have a run attached?

I have two Wendy houses, Strawbs is 4x4 house with an 8x4 run attached, Snowdrop has a 6x4 house with a 4x4 run attached. My two also get at least 2 hours free range time on the garden every day as they need lots of exercise.

I am not a fan of double hutches as the ramp loses lots of space. Wendy houses are great but I feel they must have a run as they tend to be square shaped which limits space to run and jump.

im still working on a run, possible! need to work out space etc, they will have supervised garden access to x

im still working on a run, possible! need to work out space etc, they will have supervised garden access to x

I think they definitely need one. Most rescue will only rehoming to a minimum of a 6x2 hutch with attached 6x4 run so a total of 36 sq feet.

Oh, thank you! I've seen things like those over here :) Yes, that does look like it would be better than a hutch.

I think they definitely need one. Most rescue will only rehoming to a minimum of a 6x2 hutch with attached 6x4 run so a total of 36 sq feet.

yh im not 100% sure they would rehome to me anyway with the amount of animals i have etc!

Back