• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to do Lola a bit of DIY!! U/D *PICTURE*

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I've decided, that I just can't find enough items to pile on top of all the cages to stop Lola getting on the worktops when we aren't in, and a broken leg could prove very costly.

So, I've been and bought wood, chicken wire, all the brackets hinges and screws I'll need, and I'm making her a small pen to attach to her cage just for night time and when we're out for long periods. The risk is just to high. It wont be 6ft or anything huge because 99% of the time someone is in so she has more or less the whole of the house from 6am to 12pm (give or take an hour depending on what time I go to bed) but it'll be better than her being confined to just a cage for the whole night :thumb:

I'll post photos when I'm done... Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Please let us know how it goes! We are planning to do the same for Popcorn and Jelly after their neutering and I was actually thinking to make them a small pen to use the same way as you will do :D

Just wired the top and 1 side, I will add pictures for you tainay when I'm done, I'll update the title :wave:

Here it is! After battered and bruised hands from hammering in nails and staple tacks, screwing brackets and hinges (oh yes, it folds for storage too!!) and pure love, here is my bunnys night pen :thumb:

2013-04-05170212_zpsbcea22d2.jpg

Cost me about 30 quid with everything, and something shop bought for the same size if not smaller costs about 70 pound!

Wowowowowow :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING EXACTLY! Oh my God you need to have your own run shop! That is a really nice piece of work! I need to get to shop and build for my furballs too! Where did you get the wood and what kind/tree? I'm just so excited :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks! :lol: just some wood from b and q, a pack of 8 lengths cost around 7 pound something for the frame :wave:

Thanks! :lol: just some wood from b and q, a pack of 8 lengths cost around 7 pound something for the frame :wave:

I'm after an 8x6ft run if you fancy it ;):lol:

I wish I was DIY minded and as for hubby well even the most basic flat pack baffles him :lol:

I've got one on the garden! 25 to make, honestly try it! Its probably a 7x5 actually, but same difference lol, you still make them the same :wave: I've always been really good at flat packed and that :thumb: but the OH doesn't have a clue! I'm definitely the brains AND beauty of the relationship lol

Back