• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Honey please U/D she didn't make it :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Just got back from the vets :( Honey ate her breakfast pellets fine this morning, but then started tummy pressing and went to hide in her house. No hay munching like she usually does after breakfast, no going in the litter tray, just sat in her house looking miserable. She had a little sip of water a couple of times when i offered her the bowl, but nothing like she normally drinks. Waited a while to see if there was any improvement but there wasn't, so took her to the vets (no appointments but they squeezed me in as an emergency). Had to wait ages and there were loads of dogs which didn't help at all, she was terrified :cry:
Vet said her caecum felt quite full and she was in pain, so she's had subcut fluids, metacam, metoclopramide and vetergesic :shock: a bit concerned as none of my buns have had vetergesic before for this :? I hope she is ok :(
She is lying down in her house again now with Olly, but she's very stressed after her trip and breathing very fast :( Please send her some vibes, i'm really worried :(

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I'm so upset :cry: I don't know whether I should have left her there; the vet did suggest it before he did the meds, but I suspected he just wanted someone else to do it as he's very allergic to rabbits, and as we went as an emergency there was loads of people waiting to see him. Also i know she will not eat or recover at all in there, she gets so so stressed :cry: so he gave her all the meds and said see if she's any better in a few hours. It's been an hour and a half since we got home and she hasn't moved yet :(

Lots of vibes for Honey.

Our vet has always said it's better for bunnies to be at home in their own surroundings as is far less stressful for them - unless of course they have to have fluids and regular medication - so I think you did the right thing in bringing her home.

It's so awful just waiting for something to happen though...lots of hugs to you as well.

Lots of vibes for Honey.

Our vet has always said it's better for bunnies to be at home in their own surroundings as is far less stressful for them - unless of course they have to have fluids and regular medication - so I think you did the right thing in bringing her home.

It's so awful just waiting for something to happen though...lots of hugs to you as well.

Thank you :love: I hate this, she's my baby, I love her so much :cry: I wish she hadn't had the Vetergesic now as she looks worse than she did before :cry:

Waiting for vet to ring me back, i'm worried in case they need to operate and it gets too late, as they are not open 24 hours. I don't want to have to take her somewhere else :(

Sat outside the vets in tears now :cry: they are giving her a GA for xrays to see what's going on. She's so scared, my poor little girl :cry::cry::cry:

Back