• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone bought the cardboard castle thing from pets at home??

But it's just a really overpriced cardboard box!

I know :| I'm thinking about getting one of those platform things you can get for cats seeing as she likes to jump on things... And she'd probably make a meal out of the cardboard... Hmmmm decisions!!

I have one in my shed, total waste of money.. if you have bigger buns mine were lop/lionheadx I would avoid it, Frankie and Benny had a panic as they got stuck in it and I had to literally take it apart to get them out. willow a smaller Spot, got in and out no problem.

a good old cardboard box with holes cut in, will give them just as much fun and is a damn sight cheaper,

We bought our living room bunnies it (both netherland dwarfs) and they only went in the bottom bit. It was a huge waste of money.

Then...

We place it in the kitchen with our 6 month old bunny and she loved it. Sitting on the top part, jumping through the window to the middle section. She used every single part. Only problem is she like to rip the cardbaord and eventually is had too much structural damage to hold her. She was so sad when it went in the bin...

She has a new one now (it proves her daddy adores her as all the other bunnies would just have got a new card board box). :D:D

Forgot to say - Tinker is now fully grown and is about 2.3kg and still manages to get in and out of the windows (well she nibbles them to make them bigger if she has a problem)

I would put a cardboard box in their shed but i am worried they will chew it and get a blockage, is this likely?

All my bunnies would kill me if I took their boxes away from them. yes they do rip the cardboard but that just make it more fun. I have not had any blockage problems caused by cardboard.

I got Harley that castle - she loved it but could only go up and not down the holes so she chewed herself bigger 'windows' to jump out of.

But - a sturdy cardboard box would probably give the same entertainment value.

I made my bunnies their own cardboard castles, using boxes spare from any deliveries we get. It means I can make sure the doors and windows are big enough for them. The bunnies tend to renovate the inside, but have never eaten it - just chewed it and dug at the edges. It is sturdy enough for them to hop on top of, although they rarely do...!

I bought one for the buns christmas present. They have no clue how to get into the top parts on the castle, even though I put rex on the top floor! (He nibbled one of the windows and jumped out that way instead).
So the bottom part is all nibbled and I use the top bit as storage now! :roll:
They prefer anything that isn't theirs anyway!! :D

Boxes form the shop are just as good and what is the best, they are free.

Ours love a good box to munch on. I have read about blockages but ours have had boxes for two years and no problems (touch wood). :)

I just use boxes from work, if they don't get chewed by Donny, Lola and Leo then Poppy will wee on them when she's bored with it so I don't want to spend money on some cardboard:lol:

Back