• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmares....yes in rabbits lol!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
So Grayson was just flat out asleep as always at this time, then he was twitching his face as if he was dreaming(like dogs to)

all of a sudden he woke up, now nothing in my room scared him cos its silent, and he started loudly stamping!! So I go over to him, and he practically launces at me and gets INSIDE my dressing gown, hes poor little heart racing :(

do/can rabbits hae nightmares lol cos this was weird!! and very not like grayson!

So Grayson was just flat out asleep as always at this time, then he was twitching his face as if he was dreaming(like dogs to)

all of a sudden he woke up, now nothing in my room scared him cos its silent, and he started loudly stamping!! So I go over to him, and he practically launces at me and gets INSIDE my dressing gown, hes poor little heart racing :(

do/can rabbits hae nightmares lol cos this was weird!! and very not like grayson!

He have heard something you couldn't. I do believe they could have nightmares, most animals that dream but have some imagination and so would be capable of having nightmares. My bun, Xena, was dreaming last night and it is funny to watch and I often wonder what she dreams of.

I hope Grayson calms down soon!

I am sure all aminals have nightmares but maybe just not as complex as ours..but I bet they seem just as bizaare , scary and confusing to them as they would to us. Bless him

I'd imagine that when rabbits have nightmares, they're far more abstract then ours. They probably feel different emotions related to fear/pain :(

My Kermit used to twitch loads at times when he was sleeping, always looked like he was dreaming :)

I think it's possible they could have dreams/nightmares. Poor Grayson!

I once saw Leo whimpering whilst he was asleep, bless him :(

Back