• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Slight Teary Eye

Michelleox

Mama Doe
Just wondered if anyone had any advice or thoughts...

I noticed on Saturday morning my bun Ollie had a a very, very slight wetness in the corner of his eye. It was if he just had one tear trickle a little way down. It was clear so not yellow or custing or anything and he seemed totally normal and not closing his eye or anything.

He was fine in the afternoon and since but i noticed it again this morning. I watch my two mosters like a hawk so it's only just happened. Should i 'do' anything?

I'm not sure but Poppy gets 'tears' sometimes because of her teeth so we know it's medicine time! Does he have toothy issues?

Could be nothing, could be dental related, could be an allergy perhaps. I have no idea, I'm just throwing them out there :lol:

I notice this when my Pebs is having dental problems. He has been on Metacam for 11 days now, but on the day I stopped his metacam, his eye started watering again, and he started dropping pellets, so I believe it is a sign of pain or discomfort. As soon as I gave Pebs metacam again, his eye dried up.

Ollie has a dental about once a year and his first symptom is usually off the food slightly as he's a bit of a wimp, bless him. He's pigging everything in site still :lol:

Pebbles used to continue eating until his molars were quite bad..then he would suddenly stop. But watery eyes were usually a sign that his molars did need doing, so it is probably worth taking Ollie in to be looked at before he stops eating suddenly.

Back