• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large runs?

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Having an extra 8 rabbits from the Aberdeen rescue, with spring on the way I need to get ore runs organised.
At the moment the new single rabbits are in 6ft hutches ( not prefect but better than the guinea pig/ 4ft hutches they were in previously) and are gradually being neutered. Only 2 boys left and 2 girls left to go. Hoping to start bonding Sparrow the wildie and Hugo this month.
We will end up, assuming I can get them all to pair up, 10 pairs.
I need to get 3 more runs and was thinking about the 'rabbit Hutches uk' runs which are 8ft by 6 ft and adding them to some 8x2 hutches we have- thus giving an upstairs hutch and an 8x8 area underneath.
Does anybody have any experience of the 'rabbit hutches uk' runs, are they good quality.
Thanks.

No experience, but they do look good. Will you report back and let us know how they are once you have them? I'd be interested to know for the future :wave:

Got 3 of the 8ft by 6 ft ones and have had no problems apart from rain. It gathers in the shelter bit of wood as there is a lip on it. Oh stabbed a draining hole into two corners so it can drain and they're fine now. They are good quality, easy to assemble and very good for the money. Mine have a bolt on one of the doors but not on the top though they are fairly secure depending on how you use them. I'd say that they are a very good and cheap base that you can add to if needs be. (tarpaulin, plastic roof, bolts etc) and better than making yourself. Plus he delivers VERY quickly.

Back