• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Sunday. Mr Bennett running around but still syringe feeding.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I hope it isn't my fault. He wouldn't touch the fibreplex I put on some food yesterday so in nthe evening I had to syringe it into him and he fights it and holds it in his mouth. When I put him down he was very unhappy and went under the wardrobe and wouldn't come out. He spent the night making a racket under there, chewing I don't know what.

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh, no. Poor Mr B. :(

Have you tried all his favourite treats? Maybe he's just not eating in front of you. Count out some pellets and veg and leave it with him and see if he eats anything. :(

vibes for mr bennett. is he moulting? matthew goes sulky and won't eat when he's moulting. i chase him around the living room until he eats something.

Unbelievable, its only been over 6 weeks since Mr Bennetts teeth were burred to the gum. It was very difficult to see as he clamped down as hard as he could but C could see on one side his molars have grown back high and inward and there is spurs.:(

It is a worry as he only had a dental in February so C does not give a dental unless completely necessary. He had a metcam injection and the one starting with M :oops:. His stomach was empty.

Jane he did poo a lot between 6 pm and the morning, but nothing much after that, only a few tiny ones.

Mr Bennett is going to be monitered for output and eating over night and then it will be decided whether he can come home or have a dental.

Poor Mr B. :( Are his teeth a bit wonky or is it his fussiness with food that is causing the speedy growth? These bunnies do like to worry us. :( Lots more vibes from myself, Spenser and The Bad Bunny. xxxxx

Poor Mr B. :( Are his teeth a bit wonky or is it his fussiness with food that is causing the speedy growth? These bunnies do like to worry us. :( Lots more vibes from myself, Spenser and The Bad Bunny. xxxxx

Thanks Susie

He is a fussy eater but he has always been a consistent hay eater, that hasn't been a problem. He fusses over everything else. I am wondering if he likes his hay, to cut right back on pellets to literally a few a day and no crunchies, will help. I will give the fresh herbs, coriander and dill, but thats it.

I have two problems, sorting his teeth and the problem with his poo. Only two nights ago he had a small lump on his bottom, thankfully not enough to have to wash him down there but had to wipe with a moist paper towel.

Lovely new signature.

Poor boy :( I guess he's not eating his cecals or cleaning himself properly if his teeth are hurting. Is having them removed an option is they're growing so wonky so fast?

Back