• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Arrival NEWUPDATE PT 45

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Enid

enidarrival_zpsea6db847.jpg

she had been left behind when her owners moved out after a housefire. They rang me yesterday to collect her. The neighbour let me round to the garden. Poor bunny has been being fed now and then and was in a hutch in shed with no light:cry:
look at her nails

enidsnails_zps40fc806a.jpg

she also has a runny eye. She will be checked by our vet and speyed as soon as possible, being 6 years old we hope she is well enough to be done

Last edited:
I often worry as to what has happened to the rabbits when people have fires. Good luck with her spay.

Ironic really. When asked what they would save if their house caught fire, most folks on here would answer 'my animals'...yet for other people they are the last thing they think about :cry:

So glad she is safe with you now Jill. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health xx

Poor little girl. :( Thank goodness her luck has changed and she is now safe with you.

I hope her vet check goes OK.

just to make it clear..she was not in the fire, the fire was in the house the rabbit in detached shed..brick built

The sad part of this bunnies story is the shed has no light, her nails were ( now been clipped) awful and after the owners had moved to other side of Leicester bunny was not fed or checked daily ..but they did not leave her in the fire

That poor darling! :cry:
Bless her, she is safe with you now. She is a gorgeous bun!
When the nails are left long like that, do they permanently distort the toes attached? Will she have trouble walking/hopping now? :(
Prayers that her teeth are not in the same shape! :shock:
The 'people' who left her don't bear speaking about...couldn't use the language I want to anyway. :evil:

All good wishes that she checks out well at the vets. (((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Poor baby, just abandoned and unloved :cry: I just don't get it :( I'm so glad you have her now :love: sending mega vibes xxx

Poor little bun - hope you manage to have her spayed and she finds a new home. At least she is safe with you.

This is Enid

enidarrival_zpsea6db847.jpg

she had been left behind when her owners moved out after a housefire. They rang me yesterday to collect her. The neighbour let me round to the garden. Poor bunny has been being fed now and then and was in a hutch in shed with no light:cry:
look at her nails

enidsnails_zps40fc806a.jpg

she also has a runny eye. She will be checked by our vet and speyed as soon as possible, being 6 years old we hope she is well enough to be done

If it is ok with you I would like to bring this incident up at a meeting with the fire service I will be attending next Tuesday? I am absolutely appalled that this has happened and certainly want to know how and why it did. For incidents such as this there is a service called FESS, (Fire Emergency Support Service), and although their immediate concern must lie with the families etc during the immediate aftermath of a house fire, there are strict procedures and policies to be adhered to, one of which is that any animals must also be removed to a place of safety. They are provided with all the phone numbers for relevant organisations that can be contacted depending on the type of pet that needs boarding. A few weeks ago I attended an incident at a dog kennels, and boarding needed to be found for 49 I think it was, dogs. On the FESS Unit they carry pet carriers, leads, tins/sachets of food, bonios etc, so that if the food is not appropriate, the pets do have something to eat, and I can't stress enough how important it is that pets are looked after just as well. Is there any possibility you could pm me with the address the bunny was left at, as I will be able to see what crews attended then, and find out why the bunny was left. This reply should also answer any queries/concerns people have as to what happens to the pets following such incidents. Pets have to be boarded at a safe place following any incident that means its main carers have to leave their property, which usually is house fires or floods. I manage on a part-time basis, the pet care side of this service, and it is disappointing to say the least to read about this, and that there was in effect no pet care provided.

Glad Enid is safe and well with you. Reassuring that the fire brigade have a pet care service like this too (even if it didnt seem to work in this case. mabe they werent told about Enid). Home she finds a loving home very soon x

Back