• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie and Benny

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Its with a very heavy heart that I have decided to return the boys back to the Rescue.

Their chasing and fur pulling over the past week has been ridiculous and on a couple of occasions, Willow was severely trampled by the boys charging over her. Another time jamming her in the corner of the run which they trampled over her, she just wasn't quick enough out of their way. She has also become nervous... Benny is overly possessive of her

Having given it thought, I feel Willow is definitely the catalyst for the boys difficulties, the Rescue agree that trios dynamics are different. I dont want the boys lifelong bond to break down and under the circumstances they have agreed to take them back. I love my boys but perhaps being rehomed with them as a duo only will work out better for them. They are gorgeous boys..

I feel ill with sadness, Feel that I have been overly anxious about the trio situation and with hindsight feel that my inexperience and accepting the boys initially as a bonded duo to Willow ways maybe a step too far for my capabilities. I underestimated the dynamics involved.... I am admitting defeat and am ready for people to start slating me and saying I have given up on them.. this has been a really hard decision, not only for me but the implications for Willow cant be underestimated.

I have started the search for a single boy and hope that before long Willow will have company...

Fee x

I don't think people will slate you (well they shouldn't!) because you haven't given up on the boys at all.
You're making the decision to do what's best for all 3 buns and that's a good thing.

Good luck finding a single boy to pair with Willow :)

It's the right thing to do for them, willow and you. Don't feel bad, you tried and it wasn't right, but now you can find a single boy for willow to settle down with, without all this problems and jealously and the boys will find a forever home together. It happens to the best of us, but you saw everyone wasn't happy, so you did the right thing. :love::love:

Thanks for that support, Its been a terrible decision to make.. I am just back from handing them over and trying to put on a poker face was difficult, had to be done for my son.... He was upset as you can imagine...

He is now back with Willow giving her special noserubs but to be fair, she was nomming way quite the thing. Didnt seem to have a care in the world..night-time in the dark, she might be a wee bitty concerned without her company.. We put in a snugglesafe and teddy. She was sitting beside the teddy when we got home.

When i saw all those other little bunny faces in the rescue, it did make me realise what. difficult job they have and made my guilt worse.

Let the search begin for a little boy for Willow,

Vibes though for Frankie and Benny to get their forever home, sorry boys for letting you down..

Fee xxx

I know how hard you have tried for this bond to work. This has been a difficult, but brave decision - made with the best interests of all three buns at heart.

Vibes for the boys to find a forever home together, and hope you find a suitable friend for Willow.

Sending hugs and noserubs. xxx

Don't feel bad. It's the best decision for the sake of you and your buns!

Good luck and I hope things work out! (((Hugs))) x

You tried so hard but sometimes you do have to say enough is enough... Does the rescue do bondings? Could willow pick her own husbun? Xx

The rescue did my last bonding for me. This time though they havent anybun suitable so will have to look further afield... have contacted BuddiesBunnies in Edinburgh as they are the only local ones other than SSPCA.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to make this decision. You've tried and that's all that matters, no one can slate you for that.. I hope Willow finds a lovely husbun and I hope Frankie and Benny find a new home too.:wave:

:wave:... Thanks so do I.. you have no idea how much I want that for them

Fee you tried your hardest its such a shame they couldn't all get on together but as the saying goes 2s company 3s a crowd I'm sure they will find a loving forever home together and be happy you tried your best :) find willow a nice little boy now nobody is gunna slate you :love:

Sorry it didnt work out for you and best of luck finding a lovely husband for Willow. Some rescues do bunny runs which widens your search area quite a bit (eg barc on here). Hope to see pics of two happily bonded bunnies :D

You have put the needs of the bunnies before your desire to have a trio. Not everyone could do that, brave thing to do:thumb:

Back