• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diluting Hibiscrub

Janey

Warren Veteran
I was wondering if anybody can tell me how much you should dilute hibiscrub when bathing a rabbit with it? I have had a little search but can't find the answer, most seem to have used it to clean wounds rather than bath but I have been told it is good for washing also.

Is it just a bum bath you are doing? I just put about 1part hibiscrub to 20parts water, there or therabouts anyways.

Is it just a bum bath you are doing? I just put about 1part hibiscrub to 20parts water, there or therabouts anyways.

Thank you, yes it is just a bum bath. I am not looking forward to it but hopefully she will feel/smell a bit fresher. She is currently a stinky bun!!

Thank you, yes it is just a bum bath. I am not looking forward to it but hopefully she will feel/smell a bit fresher. She is currently a stinky bun!!

Good luck :)

Have you tried just cleaning her with a wet cloth?

Good luck :)

Have you tried just cleaning her with a wet cloth?

Not really because she needs a more thorough bath. She made a habit of weeing on the wooden floor and getting wet and although the issue seems to be solved now (fingers crossed) as she is also a dental bun and generally never cleans herself and has a very poor diet she can get in quite a mess.

Plus I think she is just lazy as she has been the same since a baby bun.

Hibiscrub is an antiseptic. It should be diluted 1 part hibiscrub to 40 parts water if there are ANY open wounds or cuts/grazes as it stings like crazy :shock: (I've used it on myself - I know the pain :lol:). You may be better using a little warm salty water - or even just a damp cloth or warm water on its own.

Hibiscrub is an antiseptic. It should be diluted 1 part hibiscrub to 40 parts water if there are ANY open wounds or cuts/grazes as it stings like crazy :shock: (I've used it on myself - I know the pain :lol:). You may be better using a little warm salty water - or even just a damp cloth or warm water on its own.

Its not for any grazes or wounds (well....I hope she doesnt have any), it is just to wash her fur which has been wet with urine and poo (not nice-sorry). Just really want her clean before the weather warms up, my Mum helped me do a lot of fur trimming last night by holding her and we will be doing the same again before I give her a bum bath.

Back