• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mission Easter Bunny: Secret Agent Task 5

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member

Mission: Save the Easter Bunny
Task 5: Education

Secret Agents, sometimes it's the little opportunities that can make a difference to a bunny...

Mission objective: Educate someone about bunnies. For this task you need to find one person and make their rabbit knowledge a little better. It can be a work colleague, a relative, someone you meet in the vet or pet shop or on the school run. You can tell them anything you like about bunnies that, should they have to care for one in future, will help them do it right.

Proof of completion: It's a little tricky to prove this one so we'll have to trust you. Just tell us where/who you talked and how it went.

Deadline: The final mission deadline is Sunday 7th April, but this is only stage five so don't hang about, secret agents don't have time for naps!

If you aren't yet part of the mission, i.e. completely confused by this post find out what it's about here.

I told the worker in The Range today that their hutches were too small and that they should be 6ft long...and that the general public probably wouldn't know the difference between a dwarf rabbit and a normal size rabbit, and a dwarf rabbit still needs to be able to hop around :lol: Don't know if that counts as he may have known that already!

I told the worker in The Range today that their hutches were too small and that they should be 6ft long...and that the general public probably wouldn't know the difference between a dwarf rabbit and a normal size rabbit, and a dwarf rabbit still needs to be able to hop around :lol: Don't know if that counts as he may have known that already!

I did something similar monday when i nipped in for rabbit stuff, i told them the hutches should be 6ft and she looked at me suprised and i was like yeah, RWAF guidelines and my mum said i bet she was thinking, a teenager telling her all that. :lol:We dont all have a bad reputation:D

Earlier tonight i told a friend on Facebook that she would be better waiting another 6 weeks before bonding her bunnies (the male was castrated today and the female is already done). She was going to do it next week, but i explained about the hormones still being active for weeks after neutering, which she didn't know, so she was really pleased i told her :D she is now going to wait until the next school hols when she is off work, and do it properly :wave:

Does it count if you give someone advice on here and they just aren't interested :lol::lol:

I'm getting to the point this evening where I'm just :roll::roll::roll::roll: and I'm going to take a deep breath and go to bed and chill...tomorrow is another day and another "accident" about to happen.

It can get very annoying and upsetting when you try to help and they say I've owned rabbits for x years I know best I know my rabbit , my mum did this To her rabbit and it was fine. Etc...

We can't control what people do but we can give them the info and take a step back

A lady at work was telling me that her rabbit's nails are getting quite long but she's too scared to cut them herself. She doesn't want to go a vet (as they have not registered, unvaccinated :( But I have said in the past about vaccs but she's obviously not interested). So I suggested she went to a Pets at Home grooming store and get them cut. Not sure if that counts!

I hve been offering on-going advice to someone over facebook. They saw my post on a for sale group explaining that most hutches are too small, and I had shared pics of sheds and wendy houses. They messaged me and asked me about their hutch, I managed to persuade them to get a playhouse for their bunnies. They got one and set it up on Monday. :D I gave them advice on how to set it up inside. I have also informed them about spaying thir buns which they seem happy to do when their rabbits reach the right age. :thumb: They have even joined RU but not posted yet!

I can get proof of this if you wish. :)

I advised a few people on a local selling sites the following,
First person- that the hutch she was selling was not adequate for 2 bunnies (as she suggested) and mentioned the rspca and RWAF guidelines on hutch size
Second person- A breeder. I noticed the person was feeding the buns on Muesli mix so advised her they would be better off changing over to pellets to prevent selective feeding.

:) I hope thats enough!!
Jodie

I sent a bunch of links (to our local shelters with rabbits and to RWAF's website) and advice to someone posting on craigslist looking for a bunny. Does that count? :)

My sister in law had he rrabbits (two un neutered males) in a tiny 3ft hutch :( They were fighting - since then, they have a hutch each (double deck two storey, far from ideal I know) each and are in a shed, and get plenty of run time, and they also get the excel feeding plan now too :D

My other sil now feeds her rabbit hay, after he never had hay before (dunno how he's still alive actually but he is).

Talked my niece out of getting a rabbit for her 1 year old :roll:

Helped improve a woman's set up by encouraging a shed - happy bunnies now :D

I was at my local pet shop this morning and went to have a look at the bunnies (I always go and check on them, my complaining over the years has made them change how/where they keep the buns!)
A lady and her young son came to look at the bunnies as well and I heard the lady tell her son they could pick one to take home because they were so small and so cute.
I started up a convo with her by saying I had rabbits as well.
I asked her if she knew how long rabbits lived and she said 'well a few years I suppose'
So I had a little chat to her about how long bunnies can live, how much space they need, how expensive they can be, vaccinations they need and stuff like that.
Her son had wandered off by this point and she laughed and said 'oh he's not interested anyway, maybe not'
She went and brought dog food and left.
So I kinda feel bad because a bunny didn't get a home today.
But it would have gone to live in a tiny hutch (she pointed out the one she was going to buy, was about 3ft) with someone who had no idea how to look after it, and it would have gone to live alone.

My mum has rabbits as well and she overfeeds them. She says they follow her about because they're hungry. I keep telling her they follow her because they just want attention, not food.
So yesterday I'd told her if she doesn't start feeding her buns better that I'll take them home with me!
So she's asked me to write out a little feeding fact sheet for her with amounts she should be feeding and when.
And I'll be doing that this evening when I go and see her.

Right so I have just presented to my class an animal welfare presentation I was going to do my assignment on my disorder as that would be easy and quick but I did it so i could let it meeet this instead. we only had two days to do it as its a businesses skills module creating business situations because its a assignment piece once graded anyone at Uni can access it

Several people in class have rabbits and are now getting them run extensions and larger hutches and puppy pens one is even getting another rabbit friend ooo and another didn't realise the risks of cance and booked a vets appointment for neutering on the phone while I was standing there :)

I am sooo proud of them they are genuinely lovely people :) they took some of the leaflets I made too so might join ru :)

Right so I have just presented to my class an animal welfare presentation I was going to do my assignment on my disorder as that would be easy and quick but I did it so i could let it meeet this instead. we only had two days to do it as its a businesses skills module creating business situations because its a assignment piece once graded anyone at Uni can access it

Several people in class have rabbits and are now getting them run extensions and larger hutches and puppy pens one is even getting another rabbit friend ooo and another didn't realise the risks of cance and booked a vets appointment for neutering on the phone while I was standing there :)

I am sooo proud of them they are genuinely lovely people :) they took some of the leaflets I made too so might join ru :)

That's great! :D

Back