• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An idea…..Monthly Mosaics

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I've seen this idea done elsewhere and thought that it'd be a really lovely way of showing RU what you've been up to each month, in pictures, and a way to help you remind yourselves of the happy, fun, colourful moments of the last month.

I have my camera or phone with me wherever I go and so take so many pictures, but rarely look back at the small snapshots of life that are so lovely at the time, but become forgotten in a sea of busy life.

It's so easy to look back on a month and wonder what on earth you did, and I love remembering those little mundane moments that warm the heart remembering.

The idea is that you make a picture grid and add pictures to it…..see…..incredibly simple. (I have a mac and downloaded "CollageFactory Free", but if you have a smartphone then I'm sure there are many different apps you can download for free and on the computer I'm sure there's something Windows based.)

It only takes a couple of minutes to do and it's lovely to see everyone's little snapshots.

Here's my March Mosaic. I really hope some people will join in.

March_zpsab623869.jpg

If people are interested I'll put up a thread in the first week of each month for your mosaics.:D

i'll definitely join in

although you may end up with most of my month being full of my niece as everytime i see her she asks me to take a pic (she likes to do funny poses)

i'll definitely join in

although you may end up with most of my month being full of my niece as everytime i see her she asks me to take a pic (she likes to do funny poses)

That's absolutely fine. Post anything you want! That's the point….anything! :D:D

That's gorgeous Rufus! So calm and serene! :love:

thank you, I wanted something with more pictures but this was the best layout I could find (I didn't want to waste any time :D) It's all things that happened in March, the birth of the twins, discovery of the 2013 swans, the flowers in the snow....

Cool idea! I'll see what apps I can find. If anyone finds a good app, share the knowledge!

That's a great idea! Mine is pretty bare this month as I never take photo's so this will encourage me to take more!

a0d9bcf56e913de67e7289be8ff3877b_zps7654375b.jpg

Lovely idea. I don't take many photos (don't have a decent phone, and cba charging the camera, downloading pics etc). I'll enjoy looking at other people's though!

March was a bit of a quiet month for me photo taking wise mainly as i spent most of it ill with a chest infection

so the few days i wasnt ill can be summed up with 2 photos

ad16faa3-3012-4b7c-8dd3-d3982f8efe39_zps7e47b55e.jpg

Back