• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola just attacked me!! VET U/D

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I cant believe it! She was her usual fussy self when I went out, hopping round me and licking, coming for fusses. When I get home, I usually take her into the living room for an hour, then she goes back into the kitchen for the night, but she seemed terrified, ran away when I tried to stroke her, I managed to catch her and take her into the living room where she calmed down abit.

She binkied, had her supper, flicked some poo out. She still wouldn't come near me and I've spent 20 mins trying to get her into the kitchen. She finally went in and stamped her feet a lot, and hid behind her cage, she hopped inside her cage.

I went to stroke her, she licked my hand so I just went to stroke her head and she let out a growl like I've never heard before and lunged at me! She's drawn blood and its incredibly sore... What could be causing her to behave like this!!? I even went as far as to accuse my mum of letting the dog in the kitchen or picking her up and dropping her. I just can't believe it, I hope she doesn't hate me still tomorrow :(

I poked my fingers through the side of the cage and shes licking them like nothing just happened :|

Last edited:
Where have you been today? My bunnies are terrified when I smell of ferret :lol:...that's not very often fortunately. Nothing else seems to bother them but if Lola is more sensitive, possibly she can smell something on you that is scaring her. Try changing your clothes and having a shower. Bunnies are very senstivive to things like this.

Is she spayed? Is she ok with other people? Sometimes bunnies can act like this when they are in pain.

it may be she can smell something that scares her from your clothes.
Try a change and a shower and see how she reacts.
It could also be hormones kicking in, what age is she?

I havent been anywhere I dont usually go, like I said, she was fine with me before I went to OH's, and I go to his every night and she's always been fine but I don't know whats got into her tonight.

She doesnt seem in pain, eating drinking pooping binkying, having her mad 5 minutes running around, fine when she's not near me :|

She's alright with everyone in general, but she'll only lick me, never my mum. If you sit on the floor she usually comes and plonks her bum on your knee, or if your sat on the sofa she hops onto, I uploaded pics to her just last night of her doing that, but now she doesnt want to know me!

Last edited:
She's probably about 15 weeks now, so no she's not spayed. I'm booking her for her vaccs this week though and to make sure "she" is a "she".

I've gone to bed, but I'll shower in the morning and see how she is, she was genuinely terrifed though, but still licked me? I just can't understand the change in the space of 2 hours :shock:

sounds like hormonal behavoir.
Angel used to be a bit nippy and funny with me sometimes,
She'll be coming u on 4 months so it more than likyl will be the hormones. xxx

I cant believe it! She was her usual fussy self when I went out, hopping round me and licking, coming for fusses. When I get home, I usually take her into the living room for an hour, then she goes back into the kitchen for the night, but she seemed terrified, ran away when I tried to stroke her, I managed to catch her and take her into the living room where she calmed down abit.

She binkied, had her supper, flicked some poo out. She still wouldn't come near me and I've spent 20 mins trying to get her into the kitchen. She finally went in and stamped her feet a lot, and hid behind her cage, she hopped inside her cage.

I went to stroke her, she licked my hand so I just went to stroke her head and she let out a growl like I've never heard before and lunged at me! She's drawn blood and its incredibly sore... What could be causing her to behave like this!!? I even went as far as to accuse my mum of letting the dog in the kitchen or picking her up and dropping her. I just can't believe it, I hope she doesn't hate me still tomorrow :(

I poked my fingers through the side of the cage and shes licking them like nothing just happened :|

Lilly's been acting terrified of my recently too :( and Harvey's been acting nervous of me :( both are normally not like that at all. I've been trying to work out the problem, and was thinking it is just Spring. I'd think maybe with Lola it could be that too, but it could be hormones, this is about the age they kick in I think, so maybe she was feeling funny and a bit scared as a result?

Lilly bit me once, I was very upset :( I forgave her very fast though :lol: I have a lovely scar that I like to show her and be like "look what you did to mummy!!!" :p

It just seems so strange that she's completely changed in a matter of 2 hours... I hope she loves me again tomorrow :(

Hopefully she could just smell something she didnt like.. I'm sure I'll find out in the morning :|

How old are they when they can be spayed, or for males, when they can have the chop? If she is a he, then theres no sign of any testicles yet :|

Lilly's been acting terrified of my recently too :( and Harvey's been acting nervous of me :( both are normally not like that at all. I've been trying to work out the problem, and was thinking it is just Spring. I'd think maybe with Lola it could be that too, but it could be hormones, this is about the age they kick in I think, so maybe she was feeling funny and a bit scared as a result?

Lilly bit me once, I was very upset :( I forgave her very fast though :lol: I have a lovely scar that I like to show her and be like "look what you did to mummy!!!" :p

Coincidence :wave:

I never had any of this with Misty, but I guess every bunny is different.

Hopefull she was just feeling abit moody or smelled something she werent keen on... But like I've said, she was still licking me so :|

Oh I dont know.. Funny ******* bunnies are! :lol:

It just seems so strange that she's completely changed in a matter of 2 hours... I hope she loves me again tomorrow :(

Hopefully she could just smell something she didnt like.. I'm sure I'll find out in the morning :|

How old are they when they can be spayed, or for males, when they can have the chop? If she is a he, then theres no sign of any testicles yet :|

It depends on the vet to be honest. I called around a few vets (I had to choose whether it was most convenient to have Lilly spayed in Bristol where I had no car, or over Easter when I stayed at my parents for just over a week but had a car) and most said 16 weeks IF they're big enough, and all rabbits from 20 weeks (although some said smaller breeds they'd like to wait a bit longer so they could grow to full size as that can be at 6-7 months). Lilly was spayed at 16 weeks, she was 2.2kgs. I said to the vet "she's 2.2kgs, is that anywhere near big enough?" and they said "oh yes, certainly, that's absolutely plenty!" so I'm not sure what the weight cut off is but 2.2 is definitely over!

Coincidence :wave:

I never had any of this with Misty, but I guess every bunny is different.

Hopefull she was just feeling abit moody or smelled something she werent keen on... But like I've said, she was still licking me so :|

Oh I dont know.. Funny ******* bunnies are! :lol:

Bunnies are so fickle :lol: Lilly bit me because she wouldn't pose for a photo and I kept on putting her back in the same spot every time she moved, after the 10th time she told me no with her teeth :lol:

Shes not a small rabbit, I'll have to ask when I go and then save some money, she should be more than 2kg though I reckon. I'll have to see what the vet says when she goes for her vaccs. I'm just shocked more than anything :| and emotionally scarred :lol:

Shes not a small rabbit, I'll have to ask when I go and then save some money, she should be more than 2kg though I reckon. I'll have to see what the vet says when she goes for her vaccs. I'm just shocked more than anything :| and emotionally scarred :lol:

Hopefully she'll be fine tomorrow :D she was probably just spooked by something small or a bit hormonal, or maybe she had a nightmare :p if she still wanted to lick you she's obviously still your friend :D I hope things are back to normal in the morning!

Hopefully she'll be fine tomorrow :D she was probably just spooked by something small or a bit hormonal, or maybe she had a nightmare :p if she still wanted to lick you she's obviously still your friend :D I hope things are back to normal in the morning!

I hope your buns make friends with you, too!! She better still be my friend :censored: :lol: I'm having a good wash in the morning and going armed with food... She will love me lol.

Ah, I'm always being bitten by my buns! :roll: They rarely bite hard but they are very bossy and will nip me when I'm ignoring them or doing something they disapprove of. Fiver was lovely when he was a baby and as soon as he hit about 4 months, he got very hormonal and grumpy. :lol: I got him neutered asap but he never really changed. :roll: Having said that, he is a very bossy, dominant bunny and this is why. Lola sounds like she has quite a submissive personality since she licks you but this may all change when she becomes a "teenager"!

To me, it sounds like a mixture of hormones and something she doesn't like. Perhaps your bf changed his deodorant or something!

Ah, I'm always being bitten by my buns! :roll: They rarely bite hard but they are very bossy and will nip me when I'm ignoring them or doing something they disapprove of. Fiver was lovely when he was a baby and as soon as he hit about 4 months, he got very hormonal and grumpy. :lol: I got him neutered asap but he never really changed. :roll: Having said that, he is a very bossy, dominant bunny and this is why. Lola sounds like she has quite a submissive personality since she licks you but this may all change when she becomes a "teenager"!

To me, it sounds like a mixture of hormones and something she doesn't like. Perhaps your bf changed his deodorant or something!

Oh dont let the licking fool you, shes very demanding! Usually hops all over you to demands fuss, thats why this is such a shock, I felt quite wounded when she wouldnt come near me. I'm used to nipping buns, Misty was a ****** for it :lol: but it really was like an attack, she really lunged for it with nails and teeth and growls, it was so out of character completely, not just a nip :| I'll let you know what happens in the morning!! I have to be up at 7, so should probably get some sleep.. I think I'll be worrying all night though about whether my bunny now hates me :( lol xx

its is upsetting but they still love you even when they have attacked you Yuri does it allot especially when I have something she wants

Well... She's more fussy this morning but not as much as usual. Coming over for a stroke etc.. But she still won't let me lift her to pop her on my knee, runs away :(

Back