• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this good bunny poo?

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
2013-04-01181946_zps596f6e61.jpg

is this good bunny poo?? :lol:

I thought it was dark... it looks considerably lighter on the photo though :|

Hope nobody looks on my photobucket while theyre eating their dinner :| :lol:

Last edited:
I know... I read so much that "golden poos are healthy poos" and that, but she eats so much hay and they dont get any more goldeny than that! :lol:

the only time mine poo really golden poos is with timothy hay thats stalky- they are now on meadow and its more like your piccie :wave:

I know... I read so much that "golden poos are healthy poos" and that, but she eats so much hay and they dont get any more goldeny than that! :lol:

I've realised recently that the goldenness (is that a word? it is now...) depends on the hay type and the amount of other stuff eaten.

Ludo eats quite a lot of fresh veg, which darkens his poo considerably. Then the other day I bought him a different brand of hay, the hay itself is golden, and hey presto (or hay presto) his poo is suddenly golden, even though he doesn't eat any more of it than the previous bag.

So, I wouldn't worry so much about the colour, more the size and texture and generally how much hay she eats.

I've realised recently that the goldenness (is that a word? it is now...) depends on the hay type and the amount of other stuff eaten.

Ludo eats quite a lot of fresh veg, which darkens his poo considerably. Then the other day I bought him a different brand of hay, the hay itself is golden, and hey presto (or hay presto) his poo is suddenly golden, even though he doesn't eat any more of it than the previous bag.

So, I wouldn't worry so much about the colour, more the size and texture and generally how much hay she eats.

I dont think "goldeny" is really a word either :lol: never mind. She poop a lot, gradually increasing in size the more hay shes eating, but they've never been what id consider small while shes been here :thumb: bloomin animals, dont they cause us worry! :lol:

Even if they are darker than they look in the picture you can still see the fibrous material in them so they look perfectly heathy to me.

Clover eats stalky timothy and is slightly more golden than that but thats what poppys are like she has different timothy.

mine eat stalky hay and its more golden.. if they eat Alfafa King Timothy Hay.. It's a wee bitty darker...

poos look nice and big!,!

This is aimed at none of you guys, in fact aimed at no-one because it's not meant as a criticism but as a concern, but this thread has raised an issue that has been bugging me for a while...this thread perhaps illustrates the need for my rant...

I think perhaps it's time for a general move on this forum, from some people, away from 'golden poos good everything else bad' because it really can cause a lot of worry and, as we can see from the responses to this thread, in reality, healthy bunnies can have a variety of diets and as a result a variety of poo colours!

Any chance we can have have fewer 'look at these golden poops' and instead perhaps have them re-phrased 'look at these healthy poops' photo threads from now on? (There is a serious side to that, when I was new it really worried me that Ludo's poos weren't like that and it could encourage people to make drastic diet changes when they aren't necessary)

This is aimed at none of you guys, in fact aimed at no-one because it's not meant as a criticism but as a concern, but this thread has raised an issue that has been bugging me for a while...this thread perhaps illustrates the need for my rant...

I think perhaps it's time for a general move on this forum, from some people, away from 'golden poos good everything else bad' because it really can cause a lot of worry and, as we can see from the responses to this thread, in reality, healthy bunnies can have a variety of diets and as a result a variety of poo colours!

Any chance we can have have fewer 'look at these golden poops' and instead perhaps have them re-phrased 'look at these healthy poops' photo threads from now on? (There is a serious side to that, when I was new it really worried me that Ludo's poos weren't like that and it could encourage people to make drastic diet changes when they aren't necessary)

Like whats been said it really does vary on the type of hay mainly

well..don't expect her to poop real gold:D:D

You mean.. She'll never poop real gold :shock:
:lol::lol:

I don't think people mean to make us worry.. And I hope they don't think we're doing a bad job :shock: I don't give a ****** what colour her poops are now, aslong as shes eating lots of hay, and pooping a lot, then now thats all that counts :thumb:

I suppose when you think about it, its like with humans. If we eat certain things, our poo can change colour or consistency.
As long as our bunnies are healthy then thumbs up :) I worried to start with because I thought she was stuffing herself with nuggets then starving til the next lot of nuggets, but I witnessed her eat so much hay today, and ings is quite green so thats probably what it is with the ings.

Have a good rant! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TOTALLY agree with this :thumb:

:thumb:

I agree with this and have mentioned it a few times on golden poop threads. I think a lot of emphasis is placed on the 'golden' part but it really depends on the type of hay eaten, how much grass, type of veg being fed alongside etc - much more important is the size and consistency of the poops. As long as they're a good size, fibrous and crumbly, I don't worry about the colour of them. :D

mine eat stalky hay and its more golden.. if they eat Alfafa King Timothy Hay.. It's a wee bitty darker...

poos look nice and big!,!

Ooh. What is meant by stalky? I was thinking that stalky would actually mean hay like Alfafa King's Timothy! :D D'oh.

Nah!,! Mine are big long golden strands of hay, perhaps looking like lighter straw! but long strands....

The alfalfa king timothy hay perhaps has strands of 6-8 inches max, my farm hay has strands sometimes of over a foot long. Watching the buns eat it is hilarious. they sit for hours with this huge piece of hay and can be nomming it for 10 mins on the same strand....

Back