• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses bunny do dark poops..

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
.. with ings hay? I've got the perfect balance of nuggets for her now I reckon, she did tons of cecals the other day, and I've gradully cut it down, so far I havent seen one today! Which should mean shes eating them :thumb: A handful before bed, and just a few for brekkie. She's a brill hay eater, but her poops are still dark. They look a healthy size and there's plenty of them.. Just dark :| I've started picking her some grass every day - not loads, but when she can go outside her tum wont get upset when she gets excited and eats grass :thumb: and slowly introducing spring greens. Anyone elses bun do darkish poops with ings hay??

My bun has green oat hay as well as timothy and wheat oat barley and I find that if he eats more green oat and also alot of dried leaves ( dandelion, blackcurrant) then his poos go darker. If he eats straw which he loves:roll: then we get some golden poos but thats the straw.

I think when my ings has almost gone, I'm going to order the h4p samples again, I had ings because that's what misty liked, but I think Lola might prefer the meadow. I haven't got anywhere to put another big bag so can't order one yet. She eats it so maybe I'm just worrying for nothing :roll:

Are you sure it's not the grass. All mine have darker poops When they've been eating more grass and less hay. THey are still healthy though.

Its not the grass, she only had a small picking today and yesterday :wave: ill post a poo pic when I switch on the computer

Back