• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 year old spayed Doe is nesting for the first time ever!

Kittycat

Young Bun
I'm stunned! She's never done this ever before.

I was greeted this morning by the sight of Lottie waiting for me in the run with a mouth full of hay. It looked sooooo cute, bless her.
I knew something important and hormonal must be going on when she refused to drop it long enough to eat the first juicy dandelion flower of the year. :lol:

Watching her try and munch the flower whilst keeping a mouthful of hay was so funny.

I'm guessing that her new partner of 6 weeks, Little John is the reason behind this new behaviour. :love: (I'm offended on Blackberry's behalf though...maybe he just didn't do it for madam? :lol: )

Anyway, could someone just let me know whether I leave the nest until she gets over it, or whether i should clear it away, which just seems mean to me.

Ta!

This year is an odd year...first time ever I have had humping between my buns...and they've all been spayed/neutered for at least 3 years :lol:

haven't got a clue what to do with a nesting bun..never had it before, but could luck!!

Back