• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really ill again p80 Bunita Sunshine died in the night/ PM p97

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
A trip to the emergency vet!! Steve is there now with Bunita Sunshine, who is looking very sorry for herself :(

At Christmas we managed to go to the emergency vets three times, last easter we went twice in one day, so hopefully it will just be the one trip this easter :?

Last edited:
Oh dear. :( Vibes for Bunita Sunshine.

Spenser was once taken ill on Easter Monday - they do pick their moments ... :roll:

Vet can't find anything wrong with her so is sending her home, I am :censored: furious and £200 worse off :(

her head is so tilted she can barely walk, her fur is sticking up like a puff ball, she's not eating and her eyes are lifeless, so yeah thats normal :(

That's disgusting. No way you should have to pay that! No medicine at all? :censored:

Treating her for stasis as can't find anything wrong. But I have all those meds here so if thats what it is I could have done it myself, but her guts feel completely normal and she is still pooing :?

Treating her for stasis as can't find anything wrong. But I have all those meds here so if thats what it is I could have done it myself, but her guts feel completely normal and she is still pooing :?

Sounds a bit like Mini is today too. Pooping still, nothing obvious feeling in her tummy, nibbling stuff but not right and not eating properly.

So the vet was rubbish and she has had a metaclopromide injection, thats it. Apparently everything is normal, no sign of head tilt or dental problems :shock:,guts are normal, breathing and hydration levels fine, didn't even advise to start panacur just in case. Got her out the carrier, she is sat in her litter tray with her head on one side, barely moving........ :cry:

If you're not happy with what the vet said can you not get a second opinion, you shouldn't have to pay for a second consultation , just for any treatment, when i took benji at the weekend the vet said if i needed to bring him back to vets later that day (if he still wasn't eating) then the consult would be free as i had already paid it :thumb:

If you're not happy with what the vet said can you not get a second opinion, you shouldn't have to pay for a second consultation , just for any treatment, when i took benji at the weekend the vet said if i needed to bring him back to vets later that day (if he still wasn't eating) then the consult would be free as i had already paid it :thumb:

She was the only vet on and just didn't give a :censored: I am now looking round for another vet that is open as she has really deteriorated :(

Back