• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini's not right

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
She's not eating properly and is hiding a bit. Not as bad as Smudge in that I can get her moving a bit easier and she will eat something if I basically shove it in her mouth. She'll show annoyance but then eat part of it. She's been pushing her tummy into the floor so she's obviously got tummy pain. I've given her some metacam and I've going to give her some infacol though she doesn't feel overly bloated. Would it be ok to give her Zantac as well?

Sorry I meant metaclop, though I also have Zantac, i think.

Can't believe this is happening today, what bad timing :(

I don't have experience of this but just wanted to say I hope she gets better soon, poor Mini.:(

I don't have experience of this but just wanted to say I hope she gets better soon, poor Mini.:(

Thank you Ali. She did this a few months ago as well. It used to be Smudge, now it's Mini, I'm wondering if it's got something to do with fur.

Thank you Ali. She did this a few months ago as well. It used to be Smudge, now it's Mini, I'm wondering if it's got something to do with fur.

It could well be, my lot are hairy beasts at the moment and it is going everywhere. Maybe pop down some water with a splash of fruit juice in it to encourage them to drink and pass through the fur.

It could well be, my lot are hairy beasts at the moment and it is going everywhere. Maybe pop down some water with a splash of fruit juice in it to encourage them to drink and pass through the fur.

That's a good idea. She's had a few nibbles of hay and we have two big poops so I'm hoping I caught it early. Going to give her some metaclop now I've seen poop.

She's had a crunchie :D She's still not right because she's been laying down in the litter tray, something she never does, but she's a lot better.

Oh poor little mini, you're not having a good time of it at the moment. I know Doughnut is molting now and seems to be mooching around more and not as happy. There again she is now having lots of soft fecal poop again, noises and seen her rub her throat. So confusing as she just then flopped on her side to sleep.

Molting definately affects her though.

I would say metaclop is fine to give. I always keep fibreplex on hand as I think it's great and Doughnut loves it.

She's nearly back to herself now. She spent a lot of time laying down in the small litter tray in the spare room so I kept nudging her to get her moving. Then she ate quite a bit of hay and then randomly ran back into my bedroom. Gave them some readigrass and she came over as normal. I think she's ok now.

ETA. Camera comes in useful ;)

ScreenShot2013-04-01at133759_zps4ee7b6ad.jpg

I did actually. I'm always sweeping up hay, find some in my bed sometimes and Doughnut doesn't even go upstairs!

It always gets messy very quickly.

Back