• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've done something really really bad U/D I've been forgiven!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
But the blooming rabbits won't tell me what :evil:

They're BOTH mad at me and I genuinely do not know what I've done :? they run away when I come near them, they both hide from me, they fight being picked up (so I'm not doing this again until they've forgiven me), and even food bribery isn't working! Harvey is normally a cuddle bunny, but now is so scared if I hold him that he won't just sit on me and eat like normal! If there's a barrier between us, like wire then they'll happily accept food and bump noses through it with me and sit near me. They're obviously not that scared of me because if I'm sat in with them then they'll wash themselves and sit eating, but when they move they take the longest most hidden routes around me :roll:

Seriously, I hope this is Spring, because normally I know what I've done when they're speaking to me! Maybe it was last week's care journey? But it was normally a week ago and they normally forgive me in less than a day!!!

Do your buns go through these phases ever?

(they're not ill in case anyone was thinking this, normal beautiful gold poos, eating hay, veg and rabbit royale fine and drinking fine, as well as playing when I'm not around!)

Last edited:
Literally just had the same conversation with my OH! Went to stroke Beau this morning and I got the grunt and two-paw attack! :shock: Don't know what I've done but he's not happy!

Literally just had the same conversation with my OH! Went to stroke Beau this morning and I got the grunt and two-paw attack! :shock: Don't know what I've done but he's not happy!

Maybe it is Spring! :? Strange bunnies!

I thought it was maybe that their tarpaulin that goes over their aviary was flapping too much in the wind and putting them on edge, so I spent yesterday rearranging it so hopefully it won't make as much noise, but if it rains they're now at slightly higher risk of getting wet! I have so many splinters from being in the thorn bushes! It's made no difference today so far so let's hope it does make a difference at some point!!

Rupert is the same at the moment, he's so angry that I worry it might set his bloat off again! I think they're frustrated cos its NOT spring (if that makes sense)

a fox in the garden can do this to mine. i get blamed. i don't even know the thing is there until later when i find its calling cards.

Rupert is the same at the moment, he's so angry that I worry it might set his bloat off again! I think they're frustrated cos its NOT spring (if that makes sense)

That thought actually crossed my mind earlier :lol: they've had two Spring moults started now just to have to put a pause on them as the snow has come in :roll: maybe they think it's my fault their favourite time of the year isn't happening!

a fox in the garden can do this to mine. i get blamed. i don't even know the thing is there until later when i find its calling cards.

I considered a fox actually, but there has been no signs of any around the garden. Realistically it is very difficult for a fox to even get in my garden (terrace housing, back to back with other terrace housing, so possible, but unlikely/difficult to happen). Also, that would freak Lilly out, but Harvey thinks foxes are friends (when at my last house, he used to follow foxes as they went around the run, and used to bump noses with them through the wire :shock: and then I'd run out screaming at the fox who'd leave, but Harvey would be left in a hyper-excitable mood and do binkies and bunny 500s :roll:) so it can't be why Harvey is moody :?

I've had to be careful around Poppy as she has started lunging this last few days...I put it down to the upset with being seperated from Pebbles for periods of time...but I think it is to do with Spring/no spring (even though mine are indoor buns :lol:)

Could definitely be Spring Fever....Boris used to act like this every year and I never knew what I'd done either :shock:

I went out with reconciliation treats (spring greens), open their bedroom door and had Lilly recoil :( she normally comes forwards to see me/what I have in my hands. Harvey was unresponsive as he was enjoying his nap :roll: they both happily started munching on greens though :D

I went out again to offer reconciliation nose rubs, I opened their bedroom door and Lilly made a run for the stairs, I put my fingers on her nose though so she stopped and begrudgingly accepted nose rubs, Harvey was again asleep (as always) and enjoyed his nose rubs very much. I finished nose rubs and pushed the bedroom door to and sat next to the hutch, Lilly looked on edge because of my presence and then relaxed a bit, gave me a nose bump through the wire, had a wash of herself then Harvey, and laid down, but except for washing, she never once took her eyes off me.... I think she's feeling better about me now, but not completely...... But I've run out of reconciliation techniques!

I must bow down to them and win their friendship back! :lol:

Maybe it is because its spring. Bubbles is similar and is moulting big time (no idea why I'm FREEZING!) but Pippin seems fine.

Charlie is also a bit off with me. I'd put it down to getting fed up with me cleaning his abscess but now hoping its spring and he'll forgive me!!

Have you been having an affair with other animals? They will smell your guilt!!

I've been nowhere! My fiance did come over on Friday, he hasn't been here for 4 weeks (busy with a university project, it's been horrible :() and went home last night. Maybe they smelt him and had forgotten who he was and were scared??? But he normally is here at least every other weekend and they've lived with him before (with me too) so I don't think it's that, and I think they may have been acting up before he came over too (although I'm not sure..)

It looks like I've been forgiven as of last night. I don't know what I did to upset them and I don't know what I did to earn their forgiveness! :roll:

I did find a hidey-hole the night before that they were getting down. Harvey got stuck and panicked which is how I found it, Lilly was also going down there and she's bigger than Harvey so it would've been a very tight squeeze! Anyway I've blocked it off now and since then they have been better with me. I'm wondering if when they were getting stuck they thought someone/thing was grabbing them and that made them scared and not wanting to be 'grabbed' by me? Just a thought, I'll never fully understand the fickle thoughts of my bunnies' minds!

It looks like I've been forgiven as of last night. I don't know what I did to upset them and I don't know what I did to earn their forgiveness! :roll:

I did find a hidey-hole the night before that they were getting down. Harvey got stuck and panicked which is how I found it, Lilly was also going down there and she's bigger than Harvey so it would've been a very tight squeeze! Anyway I've blocked it off now and since then they have been better with me. I'm wondering if when they were getting stuck they thought someone/thing was grabbing them and that made them scared and not wanting to be 'grabbed' by me? Just a thought, I'll never fully understand the fickle thoughts of my bunnies' minds!

I think I've been forgiven, too!! How strange :|

Back