• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

raising baby rabbits

rab

Young Bun
Lately I have not had much luck with my litters. They start dying because of random diseases near three to four months. does anyone have any suggestions?

To be honest the fact that you write 'random' illnesses worries me a bit. Do you have the knowledge required to be breeding? Did you know that latest estimates state that there are now over 67,000 rabbits in rescue in the UK? Of course other countries suffer with this too, I just don't have the numbers, personally I can't feel it's ethical to add to those numbers :(

if you are having that many problems- which from your past threaads it seems there are many, then you need to seriously look into the enviroment and give it a good sterile clean. also, talk to your vet about all the ones that have been ill. from your other threads it sounds as though you have been self medicating? if so you msut stop this and talk to a rabbit savvy vet! if im wrong and you have seen a vet then forgive me but it seems from past threads that you have not saught any proper vet treatment?:?

I, too, have seen your previous threads and would recommend that you stop breeding - if for no other reason than that you are causing suffering to many kits.

I'm not being funny but what the hell are you playing at? If you are seriously breeding and not a troll you need to stop now. I have just viewed your previous posts and you need to stop breeding and IMO owning rabbits. How many illnesses, accidents can one person have :?

This just makes me so sad I want to cry. :cry: I just really don't get it...how can people not only breed, but continue to breed when their kits die...I'd like to be able to offer constructive advice, really I do.

But the only advice I can offer is to not keep rabbits at all, or any other animal.

Back