• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Living in a Run

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

I'm trying to reduce stress to my rabbits. Due to their hutch and run being separated, they need to be picked up twice a day to move them from hutch to run. This causes them stress, and I want to reduce this.

My idea is to keep them in the run permanently. Ideally, I would have attached the hutch and run together, however I can't do this for various reasons.

The run is completely secure, with bolts and locks, and it is on concrete. It also has a covered roof, and plastic around the sides to protect from wind and rain. I also have a large box for them to shelter and retreat to, which is around 2-3 feet long and plenty of space for them both to sit in. On extremely cold nights, they would be moved to their hutch to keep them warm.

The run is 7ft x 5ft. Would this idea be good for them?

could you attach them using a runaround pipe?

I can't attach the hutch and run due to space constraints, and various other reasons.

UPDATE: Sorry, just had a brainwave. :oops: I'll post another thread about using a runaround pipe.

Last edited:
I can't attach the hutch and run due to space constraints, and various other reasons. It isn't my decision, so I can't change this.

What kind of space restraints? I have my run 8/16ft from my shed at all times with the runaround tube. It's perfectly okay to attach two tubes together for a full 16 foot if that would be far enough? There's very likely to be some way around! If you explain it, we may be able to help.

In regards to your original question, I don't think it'd be okay to keep them in their run full time. They do need a 6 x 2 x 2 area (or bigger) to rest in away from the wind/rain etc. Can you perhaps get a larger run and put the hutch inside?

Back